Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 3GN Regionals

The Southern Regional was fun! Looking at the satellite view of the range, I didn't expect the 2 stages in the woods. Thanks again to Charles and his crew for putting on another challenging match.

I was actually able to get all 8 stages on video:

Great video! That looked like one hell of a match!

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the procedure to withdraw from a Regional and receive a refund of entry fees? The website says it must be done within 5 weeks of the match but I cannot find how to do that.

Due to injury I had to withdraw from the 2015 Southwestern Regional. From my understanding, if you withdraw more than 5 weeks prior to the match date, you will get a full refund. If its after the 5 week date but at least 2 weeks before the match you get a 50% refund.

I contacted Tennille Chidester at tennille@3gunnation.com She was great about it.

Bill

Bill is correct. Tennille is very prompt and helpful if you need to withdraw. Tennille Chidester <tennille@3gunnation.com>

• 1 month later...

anybody know if youre allowed to have someone else register for you tomorrow night at VIR or if we are allowed to register Saturday morning (I shoot in the afternoon)? I have to work tomorrow so getting there by 6pm doesn't look good (im 3.5 hrs out).

The shooting at VIR this past weekend was great. Stage design, target presentations, and even dealing with the rain/mud, everything was as good as it could be. Thank you to the match staff especially the Range Officers who make this stuff possible. I know people usually thank their sponsors, but they're not the ones putting matches on the ground and making them run smooth.

The shooting sucked, unless you really like sucking jello mud. One stage was using VIR cars to transport shooters to stage and the cars/trucks sucked. One died on my squad and we were stuck walking through mud and carrying gear. On way out all gear and rifles shoved in back of suv and people and stuff piled in. Knocked my zero by twenty clicks. Fortunately I got to check it after basically zeroing Stage 8 that had targets you could hit with a baseball. Shot a box, then a star, then just stupidly said to myself "zero is off, and threw some shots at each target. Got it corrected enough to shoot Stage 6 clean. That was Sunday. Saturday was ok until it starred to hose down, not rain, really hose down. I don't blame 3GN, some the best people in all of 3 Gun, Charles Sole, Tennille, Mike Sexton, Kyle Sole, Buddy Brown, Pat Parker and some others I'm forgetting. They worked their asses off. Some of the shooters were prissy sissy pussies, but Greg Jordan was really cool and answered a couple simple questions for me and was extremely gracious. I known him for a few years and he has it. Whatever it is. Some shooters are more worried about what their "friends" and "sponsors" will say than actually shooting. One of the worst mud matches ever seen. At least Damon Woodall knows how to handle mud. I feel like 3GN as a whole got hosed as an entity by VIR. Kind of like your bossman saying "you can put your cash crop down on the bottomland" to the sharecropper. Just my opinion.

The shooting sucked, unless you really like sucking jello mud. One stage was using VIR cars to transport shooters to stage and the cars/trucks sucked. One died on my squad and we were stuck walking through mud and carrying gear. On way out all gear and rifles shoved in back of suv and people and stuff piled in. Knocked my zero by twenty clicks. Fortunately I got to check it after basically zeroing Stage 8 that had targets you could hit with a baseball. Shot a box, then a star, then just stupidly said to myself "zero is off, and threw some shots at each target. Got it corrected enough to shoot Stage 6 clean. That was Sunday. Saturday was ok until it starred to hose down, not rain, really hose down. I don't blame 3GN, some the best people in all of 3 Gun, Charles Sole, Tennille, Mike Sexton, Kyle Sole, Buddy Brown, Pat Parker and some others I'm forgetting. They worked their asses off. Some of the shooters were prissy sissy pussies, but Greg Jordan was really cool and answered a couple simple questions for me and was extremely gracious. I known him for a few years and he has it. Whatever it is. Some shooters are more worried about what their "friends" and "sponsors" will say than actually shooting. One of the worst mud matches ever seen. At least Damon Woodall knows how to handle mud. I feel like 3GN as a whole got hosed as an entity by VIR. Kind of like your bossman saying "you can put your cash crop down on the bottomland" to the sharecropper. Just my opinion.

ya, it was pretty wet and pretty muddy. We rode in the back of a truck to stage 4, which i found to be acceptable and a good work-around the mud. I split my chin open on stage 8 during a good slip and fall.... But hey, it's 3 gun. VIR was awesome. We stayed on site, with no issues. I think the venue and the match was the best of any 3Gun Nation Regional yet, and ai have shot all but one over the last two years. Only thing I would change is add more long range shots.

ya, it was pretty wet and pretty muddy. We rode in the back of a truck to stage 4, which i found to be acceptable and a good work-around the mud. I split my chin open on stage 8 during a good slip and fall.... But hey, it's 3 gun. VIR was awesome. We stayed on site, with no issues. I think the venue and the match was the best of any 3Gun Nation Regional yet, and ai have shot all but one over the last two years. Only thing I would change is add more long range shots.

This was the best and most fun match I have shot all year. I stayed on the property and I am glad I did. Looking out watching the cars on the race track was an added bonus. There was rain and there was some mud only 2 maybe 3 stages were really affected by it. I shot stage 5 the muddiest of all mud during a monsoon! I wish I had video, it was awesome! I the the stages were great and had a nice mix of targets. It was a little light on long range and fell way short of the 30 slugs that were listed in the round count but still great stages with a lot of options... Some nice fast hoser stuff for rifle, pistol and shotgun combined with some really long pistol shots. Shooting from cars, a real shoot house and some mud... It was great!

Jade, you had a tough match... Sucks that your zero got knocked off... maybe some white out marks on you turrets or locking turrets? What scope are you running?

Edited by Paul-the new guy

This was the best and most fun match I have shot all year. I stayed on the property and I am glad I did. Looking out watching the cars on the race track was an added bonus. There was rain and there was some mud only 2 maybe 3 stages were really affected by it. I shot stage 5 the muddiest of all mud during a monsoon! I wish I had video, it was awesome! I the the stages were great and had a nice mix of targets. It was a little light on long range and fell way short of the 30 slugs that were listed in the round count but still great stages with a lot of options... Some nice fast hoser stuff for rifle, pistol and shotgun combined with some really long pistol shots. Shooting from cars, a real shoot house and some mud... It was great!

Jade, you had a tough match... Sucks that your zero got knocked off... maybe some white out marks on you turrets or locking turrets? What scope are you running?

TR24. Not sure why zero got knocked off. Mounts, bent hand guard? Was in Blackhawk soft case. Got a quick fix thanks to Tommy Thacker and the Armalite guys next to stage 7 and went one for one on the poppers on 6. Last time I'm putting a rifle in a giant pile of stuff. Truck died. Was a mess.Sure didn't look like that when we shot it. The stages were great, I agree. 5th Match I've shot in mud this year(Major). Bad luck year. There is no competitive equity with so much mud, if you shoot a stage dry vs. wet. Just isn't. Doesn't matter to me, I'm not going to be winning the match, but it mattered to some other shooters. I'm happy to get one good stage at this point. I've shot only one match worse than this for mud. CMMG World War 3 match 2010 or 11. Even tractors were stuck. Somehow Tarheel manages mud better. RockCastle I would have just left. It's not just the shooting areas. Parking, and getting to stages, blah, blah, blah. If people had a great match, good for them. I, personally have a complete lack of motivation when it is that muddy. No one's fault, but VIR should have known those areas hold water. Something like the woven rugs beaches put out would surely work on the shooting areas.

I thought it was a great match. It started raining on us on Saturday right when we started shooting at the 360 degree bay. That was not a lot of fun but everything else was a blast. Hope we go back there next year. Still like copperhead event in Texas the best though.

• 3 weeks later...

If you're shooting the 3GN Eastern Regional this weekend at Peacemaker then you should be aware of the following event also happening on site at the same time. Since 3GN is an AM/PM schedule there will be some downtime if you want to fill it with more shooting, here's your chance.

Peacemaker Super Steel match!

This is a very high round count falling and static steel match with 5 stages and 50 shots per stage. 250 required shots so bring more than enough ammo. If you're going to shoot a low capacity gun like Single Stack or Production then you better bring enough magazines too. Either handgun or shotgun may be used. Scoring is time plus penalties. Each stage will have a par time. You'll shoot a hoard of steel including propeller pate racks, whirly gigs, a fleet of poppers, knock offs, US Poppers, Special Plate Racks, dueling trees and whatever else we have to throw down on the range.

Cost is $35 for PNTC Members $45 For Non-Members

Recognizing the following divisions - Open, Limited, Production, Single Stack, Revolver, Tactical Shotgun, Open Shotgun (in the future also considering Pistol Caliber Carbine)

Signup online beforehand http://www.peacemakernational.com/or at the HQ

I hope everyone enjoyed the Peacemaker range, if it was your first time then we hope to have you back in the future. If you shot the Super Steel side event then you saw the MGM spinners stage (there was actually 8 in there) and I don't know of anyone who got them all spinning within the par time.

Special thanks to the Range Officers who ran this match and the 3GN team who set it up. It was a long hot week for all you and it was very much appreciated.

Edited by Moltke