Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ75 Tactical Sport in 9mm... How much demand?

idHawk

I have a chance to pick up a couple CZ75 Tactical Sports in 9mm. These are for re-sale in our store. We are just starting to get into the CZ game, so we are not well versed in them yet. I haven't seen one up for sale in a very long time. Is this because they are hard to find, or because they are not in demand. Your thoughts.. Should I pick them up?

I think the TS owners who buy them to shoot USPSA Limited Major must be in the minority and that the majority of people looking for these guns would prefer them in 9mm.

I have heard that people really like the 9mm version for 3Gun, although I have never seen one at 3Gun Match that I've ever shot.

I used the TS 9 in 3 gun this season and really like it. It is ready to go out of the box, I've added FO front sights and adjustable rears but that's personal preference.

I recently purchased a TS 40 for limited and offered one of my 9mm for sale on the 3 gun yard sale FB site-no takers. (it was FTF only)

It seems like there was a frenzy here for a while and then it died off. Could be end of season slump.

Dave

I am not a dealer. I do know that after I decided to buy a TS, all I could find were 9mm. I had to wait an appreciable amount of time to get my 40 S&W.

I had the opportunity to shoot both the 9mm and 40 before I decided. I decided on the 40 for versatility. Minor loads are softer feeling than in the 9mm and Major is easy to achieve for Limited. Since the gun is not legal for any IDPA division and it is not legal for USPSA Production, I really do not understand why the 9mm version exists. There are literally boatloads of CZs at one of my clubs. Most of them are USPSA Production legal. The two 9mm TS guns were bought because they were obtained used at a good price, and both of the buyers just felt like it. They both already owned the same gun in 40. Except for these two, all the CZ 75 TS guns at the club are 40 S&W.

Edited by zzt

When I ordered my 40 S&W TS from CZC I asked Stuart if it made sense to have a 9mm barrel or complete 9mm upper fitted before he sent it. I forgot his reason why the barrel only was not recommended. He said the complete upper was a viable alternative, but the total cost of buying the upper and having them fit it to the 40 pistol would be within $200-$250 of an entire new pistol. In his opinion, if I really wanted a 9mm it would make more sense to buy a complete new pistol.

I really do not understand why the 9mm version exists.

3 gun, or iron sights division of steel challenge?

The guns are so reasonably priced I think it would be stupid to get an extra top end instead of a whole nother gun. Of course I think that with *any* gun, but whatever.

I just bought a TS in 9mm for 3-gun. It seemed like the best choice-- either that, or a Glock long slide. High capacity, long sight radius, heavy enough for making precise, quick shots-- and of course the unbelievably good trigger.

So yeah, I paid double what a Glock would cost to get a good trigger.

I don't like the safety much though. It's mushy, and the hinge point is just awkward, which seems to be a weakness on all the CZs. But the trigger makes up for it.

I ordered one from KY Gun Company last Saturday 11/15. So I checked status on Wednesday-still processing. I called them and was advised the pistol would not ship until the following week. After hearing this I cancelled the order and got on the phone with Stuart. He shipped my gun the same day I ordered and I will get it tomorrow. Sorry Ky Gun Company, if you can't ship any faster than that you're not gonna get my business. There's currently one for sale on GunBroker starting at $1289.99. Has already been relisted 3 times with no buyer.