Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon RF 100

Has anyone here got much experienced on the RF 100 primer filler? I remember see one last time I was at Dillon (10 years ago) but never saw one run.

Please tell me the good, bad, etc about the RF 100. I think it might be a bigger time saver that a bullet feeder.

No first hand experience, but the more I use the s1050..... the more I wish I had a RF 100 mounted next to it.

I've got (8) of each large/small primer tubes, so I normally just load up all eight before I start pulling the handle. This will allow me to run the press for about an hour before I need to load more primer tubes.

~g

I've been using one for about 3 months now. Definitely a little finicky, but I still like it. The biggest problem I've had is a primer standing on edge under the clear plastic cover at the tube inlet. If I could get that resolved, it would be perfect.

I've only loaded about 2K with it so far, but I've had ZERO upside down primers, which was my biggest concern going in.

Had one for sometime was used when it came to me. Seems to run better with the adjustment screw under the bowl adjusted out one turn.

I like and use Winchester Primers you'll find one that's oval and may stop the machine. Usually pushing up on the filler tube or a small

tap with a wrench gets it going. I have one bought the change over for large primers. Probably would not have bought the FL 100 it but came in a

used 650 package I bought from a friend. Now that I have it haven't picked up a Primer Flip Tray since. Very please with the FL 100.

I was worried about primers filling the tube upside down. I like and have tons of Winchester primers, but am currently loading Remingtons. I 90% of the time load only small primers so one machine works for me. I may load around 2K large primer ammo in a year, but load around 1-2K 9mm a month.

It is finicky, but is much easier to comtrol with top plastic cover removed. I load about 2000 per month and would hate to be without it. I have 2 extra ones, that I will list in future. Winchester primers run better than Federal. I do get about .5-1% upside down, but to me the time saved is well worth to me.

Just a crazy question. I would love to shoot more than I do, but I was wondering how much shooting/reloading would it take to justify one of these? Sometimes, I like the little break and have to reload the primer tubes. But, every so often.......I am on a roll and hate to have to stop.

Just a crazy question. I would love to shoot more than I do, but I was wondering how much shooting/reloading would it take to justify one of these? Sometimes, I like the little break and have to reload the primer tubes. But, every so often.......I am on a roll and hate to have to stop.

It would depend on how you are fitting reloading into your life.

Some people like to reload just a few hundred a time. Like just enough for the next range session. Then RF-100 might not be a justified purchase, if money is a limiting factor.

Personally I like to do larger batches. At least one thousand a time, but now getting to know my 1050 better so targeting at 5-10k batches. Wouldn't want to do that without the RF-100.

1050, Mr. Bulletfeeder and RF-100. There was life before that setup... But that was a miserable one. ;)

I have 2 RF-100's. Large and Small setup. Both are the newer models.

Took a little fine tuning, especially the one running small primers.

Did I need them. No. I wanted them.

Over-all very satisfied, and would purchase again.

I have had 2 for quite a while They are great to have. I had various problems with them jamming in the past. I did 2 things that made them very reliable. I set them on a mouse pad and I use a rubber o ring on the bottom of the tube because I always dropped the plastic ring that comes with it.It seems those mods "calm them down".

Midway had the Franklin Arms primer loading tool on sale for $25. So I bought one to try it out at worst I'm out $25. If it doesn't work I'll order a RF100 and set it up like Bill H suggested. I only plan on using it for small primers.

I'll let you all know on the Franklin

• 4 weeks later...

This is by far one of the best investments I made. I started buying tons of primer tubes and keeping those filled, but with a busy work life I had no time to be filling primer tubes. I have had very few issues with mine and definitely would say it is a must if you want to expedite your reloading.

• 4 weeks later...

I have had one for years. Like when the first came out. Even with the reostat I still put in on a vibration absorbing pad.

I get an upside down primer, some days more than others.

I would not be without it.

I run 1050.

have mine since 2008 so far so good. it runs perfect, i run federal and winchesters. as long as it's correctly leveled it works fine . i rarely get upside down primers however i leave the adjustment knob at the slowest cycle to make sure i don't get upside downs...i think the franklin vibra prime is practically as fast and less finicky by design.