Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, $.50 to write/mail a check / $10.00 to type in CC number..........technology just took a box of ammo out of your range bag. Looking forward to March.

Getting the liberals back by paying for matches with credit card points this year... ;)

So 1911/2011's now have to have a functioning grip safety?

2.5.3 Unsafe abandonment of any firearm. Firearms may only be abandoned as stipulated in the stage briefing and in one of the following safe
conditions:
2.5.3.1 Loaded, all safeties fully engaged, muzzle pointed in the designated safe direction (i.e. pointing down into the receptacle).

So 1911/2011's now have to have a functioning grip safety?

2.5.3 Unsafe abandonment of any firearm. Firearms may only be abandoned as stipulated in the stage briefing and in one of the following safe

conditions:

2.5.3.1 Loaded, all safeties fully engaged, muzzle pointed in the designated safe direction (i.e. pointing down into the receptacle).

That is not what 2.5.3.1 says.

This clarification is primarily aimed at the few guns like the M&P that are available with a manual thumb safety in addition to other internal passive safeties. When abandoned, such guns must still have their thumb safety applied, even though the same gun that came out of the factory without a thumb safety would obviously not. We anticipate this change will affect only a small percentage of the guns in common usage in our sport.

We understand that it is common for competitors to have disabled their 1911 grip safety, and nothing in this clarification prohibits such modifications.

Ran into a pistol today that had me scratching my head on how to abandon it, and to top it off, a new shooter had it and asked me for advice because I was the old head on the squad. It may be simple, I just didn't know the answer... ?

It was a Sig, with a decocker, double/single action, no external safety. Other than the obvious answer of totally empty, what is the correct way to abandon it?

The question may apply here, so thats why I asked here, not trying to steal a thread...

thanks!

jj

I was under he impression that Sig pistols require the decocker activated, and the hammer lowered to what would be considered a safe "starting" condition.

Kinda what I thought after reasoning it out a bit in my head, but wasn't sure...

• 2 weeks later...

Wait-List update -

Most everyone involved with SMM3G was busy for the last week helping out with the USPSA Area 2 Desert Classic.

Now that it is over, I have been busy catching up with processing payments and compiling lists.

Everyone that has made it into the match has been notified. There were very few that did not complete the process by submitting payment.

I plan to email a complete list of who is on the wait list to those shooters by tomorrow. - Russ

• 3 weeks later...

Probabaly gonna be a while. Last year tons of people signed up quickly and then didn't pay. This year, nearly everyone paid up right away. Now we're waiting for the sponsor slots and those won't be released for a couple of months. Last year, I got one of the last vacated sponsor slots only a week before the match. It's a game of patience.