Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

dillon dies and case lubing

is there an reason to lube the brass with the dillon 9mm die?

usually i lube them, dcap and then tumble

is that necessary for setting up loads for plinking or can you just decap without lubing and then finish the loading ?

I find at a little spray of One-Shot makes a huge difference in how easy it is to cycle the press, and like Sarge stated above the end result seems to be much more consistant. Cuts out all the banging and jerking as the cases move in and out of the various dies.

In

I find at a little spray of One-Shot makes a huge difference in how easy it is to cycle the press, and like Sarge stated above the end result seems to be much more consistant. Cuts out all the banging and jerking as the cases move in and out of the various dies.

Indeed. After I used One Shot for first time, I never loading again without it.

ive never lubed pistol, dont think I ever will.

I used to say the same thing.....

Then I tried some Oneshot.

I tend to load in batches of 5k. Its not practical IMO to lube 5k 9mm cases and then have to clean the lube off afterwords(I hate handling cases with lube on them). Only thing my cases get is an hour in the wet tumbler. I just dont see(or feel) the necessity with pistol brass and I doubt anybody will ever change my mind.

I just use the tumbler to remove the lube from the sized cases, yeah sure extra time, but I can run about 2000-2500 9mm at the same time, and 15 mins removes it enough, then I also get nice clean pockets.

I prefer to load my ammo with no sizeing die.

I can feel the press run smoother when I lube using One Shot. Seems like the COAL stays a little more consistent too. I tumble the brass and layout several hundred pcs for the loading session and give them a quick spray of one shot. I never tumble the lube off pistol rounds and have never had a problem.

Like so many have said...try it.

I loaded thousands of 9/45 without any lube,h no problems. On the advice of a friend I tried a little One SHot & it just makes things so much Smoooother I now apply a little each time I load up the casefeeder on the 650.

I did nto have great success with One shot on the rifle cases. After 2 stuck cases I switched to imperial waz & stuck with that....No stuck cases so far.

Has anyone tried plain old silicone spray for case lubing instead of One Shot or Dillion pump spray????

Yep and it's almost as good. I bought a big can of ACE hardware pure silicone. Like I said, almost but not quite as good. But it is pretty close for about 1/4 the price.

I had been using Dillon spray lube on all my brass but just recently purchased a 4.oz. bottle of liquid lanolin for $8 (postage paid) off Amazon and was going to mix it with Iso-Heat (at 9:1) but see that some recommend 99% isopropyl alcohol. Does anyone know if one is better than the other? It is slightly less expensive.

Dillon Lube: $9 for lube plus $6 postage for 8 oz. = $1.88 per oz.

Home Brew: $8 for liquid lanolin plus $18 for 36 oz. Iso-Heat = $0.73 per oz. (free shipping via Amazon Prime)

Home Brew: $8 for liquid lanolin plus $16 for 36 oz. 99% Isopropyl Alcohol = $0.67 per oz. (free shipping via Amazon Prime)