Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do you still feel as desperate for powder as you did a month ago?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can imagine my foolishness, I sold 10lbs of n105 not even being aware of the powder situation....I feel dumb. Been out of the game for years....

Edited by A-shot

Its worse now than its ever been. I lucked out today and found some e3 and wst. Neither are my favorite for 9mm but cant be real picky right now. I do have 2#'s of titegroup but not a big fan of that either.

Edited by Nebwake

The powder situation is far from over. When I can go on line or the local shop and have a choice, and my fellow shooters say the same. Otherwise it is pot luck on what you found. I am now using 700x as it is all I can find. Will it work, yes, but it is a large flake shotgun powder and not good for 9 mm loads, but 45 and others yes. I believe it will be at least another six months.

I'm still "hoarding" powder of any kind I might remotely use or keep around for trade fodder. I'll buy a couple pounds whenever I find it, usually TiteGroup or Varget. I do the same with 22LR, it's about the only factory ammo I buy anymore. I'm sitting on a respectable stash now, but I still don't feel comfortable with what I have. I may have a hoarding problem.

I stopped purchasing powder for pistols about two months ago. Thought I had enough (800 and 700X). I was assured by the local dealers it was just about to break loose and shipments would be catching up. Well wrong wrong wrong.

No shipments have arrived and I will again start stocking back up. Will not get caught flat footed again. I do not know what the problems are, but that should not be the driving issue, the fact powder still remains incredibly hard to secure simplifies matters. Buy what you can afford.When it does break lose, the powder will shoot the same.....

Went into my favorite LGS last Tuesday. He had an 8lb keg of WST and 2 4 lb kegs of WST. I bought the 8 lb and texted a buddy who bought 1 of the other 4 lbs. They were all gone in the first hour.

Edited by Frank48

Far from over in NE Georgia. I purchased 24lb of Titegroup from my gun club back in Sept, but I ordered it back in January. I check 5 local shops that normally carry a large supply of powder weekly. They have just about any rifle powder I want, but bullseye, TG, Unique, WST, and W231 only shows up about once per month.

I got email notices of SR4756 and Allient E3 in stock, both in 8 pound jugs.

Hit the website ASAP to order only to find that I missed each by about fifteen minutes.

That made me sad.

Connecticut checking in. Still bad all over. Cabelas had Varget one pounders for 30 bucks a few times in the past two months but besides that nothing but black powder and random rifle powders. I still get laughed at when I ask for Tightgroup or Solo 1000. I've been lurking on powdervalley & gunbot for the two mentioned as well at VVn320.

Primers are back to normal stocks at a 5$ to 10$ bump at most shops that carry reloading supplies.

Good luck to those on the hunt.

Just bought 4 lbs of Vhit N320 from Powder Valley. Bought 8 lbs of Ramshot Comp at a gun show a few months ago. Starting to come back....slowly.

Bro!! You got my 320! Hahahaa PV says I get nothing. Haterism.

Hit the local Code of the West GS last weekend. The big vendors had primers at very good prices ($108.95 plus local sales tax per 5K sleeve for Winchester). There was even some TiteGroup and N320, though both were steep (38 bucks a pound for the Viht and only a little less for the Hodgdon). Some folks even had .22, no limit (again expensive).

So, not good, but not as bad as before (at least out this way).

Powder problem is beginning to ease in my area. I picked up a pound of Bullseye Friday, I wasn't desperate for powder so I only took one pound. My "dealer" will put it aside if I ask, and I do have quite a bit of WST, Red Dot, Power Pistol, Titegroup, Unique and an old can of Win 296 (only use for .357 loads). I know, it is a wild variety of powders, but I bought what was available.

• 2 weeks later...