Tactical Sport 9mm Questions

Avedis

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Regarding the CZ UB magwell: my hands are too big for it, so if anyone wants to trade me for the CZC one let me know.

I have a czc one I'd love to trade. I'm not sure which one it is but it seems massive. Mine is silver.

I should've mentioned: mine is for the 75 not for the TS.

Says all the colors are in stock for the TS Magwell.

http://www.shop-cz.com/magazine-funnel-anodized-cz-75-ts-black/d-70738/

I was also planning on throwing these grips on. Will this combo work?

http://czcustom.com/CZ_75-CZ_85-thin-silver-grips-short.aspx

That grip seems correct, but you can always ping Stuart at CZC to confirm.

... and to fix my mistake above, yes on TS Magwell, all the colors in

1091-1148-01_BK (_B,_R,_S)

But it is the same short grip ( 1091-1145_ ...) for CZUB magwell on either CZ75 or TS. While those magwells are different widths, the grip is the same. See attached, CZ75 frame (CTS LS- B) with CZUB magwell on left, Czechmate/TS frame on right with CZUB magwell, and a set of the short grips from CZUB overlaid on both.

attachicon.gifczub-shortgrip.JPG

Beautiful pistols. What finish is that on the stock TS?

The 9mm would be great for 3 gun. Minor 9 loads would be like shooting a 22. Tried some factory 9mm through my czechmate when I got it because I will use it for 3 gun and it was almost comical how little the dot moved. I don't know how much the comp helped at the lower power factor, but all of the weight of the gun made up for that! I haven't tried it set up without the comp yet. May do that soon to see how it is.

I use my czechmate without comp for 3 gun. It isn't as soft as my 9mm TS, but it is real soft. I also learned that the czechmate doesn't fit in a TS bladetech holster without some modification. The czechmate slide is just a little longer.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm real happy for you guys, but someday I want to join the 9mm ts cool club too. I am considering buying a 40 and getting a 9mm barrel fitted cause I'm running out of patience, at least it sounds that simple anyways. I'd consider a shadow with a sa only conversion but I shoot noticeably better at 50+ yards with the longer sight radius of ts length guns.

Thanks for convincing me the ts is terrible so I can stop daydreaming about them nonstop (sarcasm intended). I've even considered going to the EAA/Tanfo dark side just to fill the void but the terrible support and lack of parts and magazines has stopped me so far. That and I've loved every CZ I've ever touched, even the ugly ones chambered in 7.62x45.

Edited by TonytheTiger

Well I'm real happy for you guys, but someday I want to join the 9mm ts cool club too. I am considering buying a 40 and getting a 9mm barrel fitted cause I'm running out of patience, at least it sounds that simple anyways. I'd consider a shadow with a sa only conversion but I shoot noticeably better at 50+ yards with the longer sight radius of ts length guns.

That's a workable solution and you don't even need someone to fit the barrel, you can do it yourself with a file.

If you don't snag that amazing deal on GB, send me a PM. I picked up a 9mm TS last fall and been running it in local matches as Limited minor this year. Runs like a dream and I'm moving up in the ranks! That said, I think I'm ready to upgrade to the .40SW TS so I can shoot Limited major and keep the points!