Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport 9mm Questions

Avedis

Few questions for you CZ experts. Long time M&P shooter looking to make the switch.

1) Any leads on a Tactical Sport 9mm? They seem to be impossible to find. I've searched pretty much every online gun shop and haven't been able to find anything. From searching the forums, it looks like a batch hasn't come in since January of this year? I'm hoping to get one before the end of the year as it is going to expire from the California Roster. Currently signed up for a ton of waiting lists including Stuart @ CZC

2) Average cost of a grip reduction? Probably going to send it over to Stuart.

3) Any places in the US that carry the CZUB magwell? It seems the only place to get it is from the CZUB web-store, I assume they ship to the US?

4) Any other tips or things I need to know as a potential first time CZ TS owner? (other than to throw out the buffer :P)

Apologies for the novice questions. Tried to do as much research as I could before posting.

Edited by Avedis

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I expect CZ to keep all the current models on the roster, just don't hold your breath for any new models until the supreme court rules the microstamping requirement unconstitutional.

The CZ UB mag well looks cooler, but I think the CZC one performs better; it's bigger and deeper.

I got tired of looking for a 9mm and got a 40. After buying the 9mm barrel and having it fitted, it cost me $200 extra and I had a gun that shot 2 calibers. If the 40 is on the roster, I'd look for that.

I also prefer the czub magwell. You don't need to modify stock base pads or buy extended base pads for them to seat. I'm pretty sure this is it.

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/19093_Aluminum-Mag-Well-Tac-Sport-Silver

3) Any places in the US that carry the CZUB magwell? It seems the only place to get it is from the CZUB web-store, I assume they ship to the US?

I ended up ordering from the CZ-UB webstore. Order grips at the same time. Yes they ship to U.S., it was here pretty fast, about 7-9 days I think, maybe faster.

can someone chime in on approx grip reduction price?

Also, I plan on placing an order from CZUB for the magwell (czechmate style). Does any one want me to order them one? Figure id order a batch and you guys can repay me when they come state-side. Price is around $90, not including shipping. Available in Black/Red/Blue/Silver

FYI, at CZ-UB looks like blue only color if you want matched grip / magwell for CZ75 (other than both in Brass). But also red and silver magwells. Black not in stock for grip or magwell.

1091-1147-02_B Magazine funnel anodized CZ 75, CZ 85, CZ SP-01 Shadow, blue (EUR 64,43)

1091-1145_B Grips for CZ 75 B, CZ 85 B, anodized, short, blue (EUR 61.50)

(EDIT: OOPS I checked CZ75, not tactical sport - sorry!! )

Edited by trgt

FYI, at CZ-UB looks like blue only color if you want matched grip / magwell for CZ75 (other than both in Brass). But also red and silver magwells. Black not in stock for grip or magwell.

1091-1147-02_B Magazine funnel anodized CZ 75, CZ 85, CZ SP-01 Shadow, blue (EUR 64,43)

1091-1145_B Grips for CZ 75 B, CZ 85 B, anodized, short, blue (EUR 61.50)

Says all the colors are in stock for the TS Magwell.

http://www.shop-cz.com/magazine-funnel-anodized-cz-75-ts-black/d-70738/

I was also planning on throwing these grips on. Will this combo work?

http://czcustom.com/CZ_75-CZ_85-thin-silver-grips-short.aspx

Edited by Avedis

Says all the colors are in stock for the TS Magwell.

http://www.shop-cz.com/magazine-funnel-anodized-cz-75-ts-black/d-70738/

I was also planning on throwing these grips on. Will this combo work?

http://czcustom.com/CZ_75-CZ_85-thin-silver-grips-short.aspx

That grip seems correct, but you can always ping Stuart at CZC to confirm.

... and to fix my mistake above, yes on TS Magwell, all the colors in

1091-1148-01_BK (_B,_R,_S)

But it is the same short grip ( 1091-1145_ ...) for CZUB magwell on either CZ75 or TS. While those magwells are different widths, the grip is the same. See attached, CZ75 frame (CTS LS-B) with CZUB magwell on left, Czechmate/TS frame on right with CZUB magwell, and a set of the short grips from CZUB overlaid on both.

post-48463-0-85114700-1407296393_thumb.j

Edited by trgt

Just got to keep a lookout they pop up from time to time.

I haven't felt the desire for a grip reduction since installing thin Al grips. Cost, Stuart can tell you. If I wanted a reduction, I think I'd do it myself.

They are real nice, I've got .40 and 9mm uppers for mine.

Do you live in the U.S.? Just curious how difficult it was to order off of CZUB, and how long it took to get shipped to you.

Yup, California. It took 5 days to get to my door via DHL.

They make the process pretty simple. Just add products to cart, choose express shipping method, enter shipping info and checkout. Then you will be redirected to a different website which they use for their checkout process. Order status is updated on their website when you login and click on "order registry" in the top banner.

... actually was about 75 euro, or $100 for shipping when I did it. Does seem like a lot, but I just rationalized it as $20 for each item across 5 things I bought, and not spending any more time waiting for nothing to appear here.

Really that is like what, 2 or 3 outings worth of ammo at the range? Not cheap, but unlike the ammo, stuff like this you'll have forever and probably will hold value if you ever go to sell it.

Edited by trgt

Just curious-How much was the shipping charge? I wanted to get a few things but didn't want to pay $75 shipping.....

$68.78 it would be worth it to find a few people on the forums who are wanting parts and do a sort of group buy together.

Edited by Avedis