Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Better Call Saul

EA308

• 1 month later...

Little slow at times but a good show overall I think. Definitely appears that season 2 we will see "Saul" come out of the woodwork! Can't wait to see what they have in store down the road

I just finished the 3rd episode of the first season. At first I wasn't overly excited about it, but it's growing on me. I was happy to see Saul finally get something right at the end of the 3rd episode. :)

I wasn't sure what to expect, especially knowing where Saul winds up from BB but the path there is very interesting.

I totally did not expect the main reason for Saul going sleazeball (again) was Chuck! He actually tried to go straight with the old folks and the guy who he busted his butt for stiffed him. Wow. I am afraid the show will get real predictable now but we shall see. Hope not!

Good season ending.

Living in ABQ, it is a must watch. Pretty good for sure but not quite like BB yet. I use the carwash in BB, been to Walters house and met the owner, eaten at the Los Pollos Hermanos, etc. If anyone comes into town, let me know, there is a great tour from The Candy Lady who makes the" blue meth"

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I watched the first 2 episodes, but didn't get into it. Anyone else?

I like it quite a bit, but then I find the main cast members eminently watchable. Bob Odenkirk is funny and way, way, more. Jonathan Banks is weary, committed to his second attempt at doing right by his family, and steals the show every moment he's on screen. Rhea Seehorn surprises me every week with her ability to hang with the other two -- and had some terrific moments in later episodes.

I like that it's not Breaking Bad 2.0, but rather this entirely different show with family relationships at its core.....

Ya I loved Breaking Bad and was pumped for this show but felt it had a slow first season. It's picked up steam and I am definitely enjoying it and looking forward to it as it continues. My only complaint is that the series hasn't already been fully taped so I can just binge watch it like everything else.. Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I was bored the other day, and watched the episode of BB that introduces Saul Goodman, and a few episodes later introduces Mike......

While I'm curious about the eventual tie-in, I don't need BCS to turn into BB 2.0 anytime soon, if they keep telling stories like they have in seasons 1 & 2. My reference for Jonathan Banks was always Beverly Hills Cop. Then we got to Season 1 episode "Five-O." That was maybe the best performance by an actor last year -- and it's my new reference point for Jonathan Banks.

• 1 month later...