Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

anyone run a still run DOH for limited?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a BT DOH in Limited, SS and Production.

DOH is legal for SS? Thought the whole front strap had to be above the belt per rules:

"Must carry pistol so that the entire front strap (to the trigger guard) is at or above the top of the belt."

Just wondering as I would like to wear mine too if it's legal but didn't think it was.

DOH is legal for SS? Thought the whole front strap had to be above the belt per rules:

"Must carry pistol so that the entire front strap (to the trigger guard) is at or above the top of the belt."

Just wondering as I would like to wear mine too if it's legal but didn't think it was.

It's not legal in SS

I run an open holster for my XDM and now for my 2011.

I sort of obsessively check the lock latch throughout the day, just a habit of mine, it isn't even really a conscious movement anymore, I am just always running my hands across the pistol/holster when walking, etc.

One of the reasons I do this is because on the XDM I often am feeling for the status indicators (striker and loaded chamber indicator) and then feeling the holster is just natural after that.

The new Manny Bragg holster that I have is pretty darn secure... it IS one more thing to check on, but I already.

Off topic: If you drop a gun NOT during your run is that still a DQ? As in anytime before/after your run, at the food stand, etc...

It's not legal in SS

Thanks. Just making sure i wasn't reading something wrong.

It's not legal in SS

Unless you're a woman. Then it's legal.

I run a Bladetech holster on a Boss Hangar with my Edge in Limited. I like the small amount of separation between grip and hangar for a quick and secure grip on the gun when drawing.

Edited by JGus

I have a few bladetechs. I'm going to try ben's boss hanger. I've never been happy with the angled part of the bladetech hanger, it always hit my thumb. Hopefully this combo will be the ticket

I've felt the same way about the Bladetech DOH bracket. Gave the BOSS a try for SS and really like it. Room for your thumb and the hanger rests on your leg and keeps it stable and at the correct angle. Got a second one for my Prod rig, same results.

I just modified my BT DOH to accommodate a thumb rest on my Limited gun. Wasn't bad with a Dremmel and it works perfect. Note this is the slide release type of thumb rest.

Can you share a pic of that?

As requested here are pics of my DOH modified to fit a Nitro Fin thumb rest. I used the fluted cutting bit on my Dremel. There are still three screws holding the holster firmly to the bracket. I have not been able to produce any type of interference whatsoever.

post-41423-0-82348200-1406943087_thumb.jpost-41423-0-82648700-1406943120_thumb.jpost-41423-0-34866700-1406943162_thumb.jpost-41423-0-34675600-1406943209_thumb.jpost-41423-0-30240600-1406943267_thumb.j

run what works but I've seen a lot of people who get caught up in the "gotta have it because that guy is better than me" equipment craze. Manufacturers have relied on this for years.

Edited by frankge

My decision to get the BOSS hanger was driven by not being able to hit my grip consistantly with my CompTac DOH rig. Not enough room for my thumb and I felt that I needed a slight forward cant to enable hitting my grip easier each time. The CompTac only had one cant adjustment option and it was too severe. The BOSS hanger allowed me to adjust the cant to the angle I was looking for. Also not floppy on my belt.

The BOSS is simply a better product than what I was using in every way I can think of.

I use a ready tactical DOH holster for limited. Kydex is practical and has a lot of advantages. You can't forget to lock a kydex holster. I'm probably giving up couple of tenths on my draws, but if I ever get to the point where .2 seconds per stage is keeping me from accomplishing my goals, I'll switch to a race holster.

I do like that I can run the same holster in Production and Limited, and only have to worry about the position of my mags when changing between.