Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mockingbird

Lifeislarge

There's a full moon tonight, and a bloody mockingbird in a tree in my yard looking for a mate. Stupid thing won't shut up and he's going through his entire repertoire over and over and over again. AAARRRGGGHH!!!!

Never kill a mockingbird! There is one doing the same thing right now outside our open bedroom window. Annoying I know but I kind of like to hear him trying so hard. :)

Hahaha... sorry man, I feel your pain. We just had one leave that was absolutely tireless, had the lungs of an opera singer, and a repertoire that included a perfect imitation of a car alarm. Sleep was, shall we say illusive for quite some time. At least he had some beautiful songs as opposed to the mourning dove that showed up a week ago whose three note 4 to 7AM moan is like Chinese water torture. Over and over and over and over and over...........

We had a couple or three of them in the Oakland hills many years ago. Summer nights with the doors open rendered a lengthy, nightly concert of songs and odd noises (yes, over and over), but they'd picked up several songs that were really, really nice, yet they'd also picked up the bark of the small dog next door . . . for real . . . it sounded just like that dog.

had 2 baby ones in the back yard. the bear dog protected and checked on them for a week before they could fly.

mom didn't like it but once they flew away the dog was sad for a couple days.

That's awesome.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was cutting my grass, minding my own business and sweating...and this Mockingbird starts dive bombing my head and going crazy. Seems like they had built a nest in the trees right behind the privacy fence and I never saw it.