Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LiveShots @ Single Stack Nationals

BritinUSA

Outstanding stuff! Thanks for making it all available.

....chrono sounds like it is going to catch a lot of people. Two folks already with PF about 7-8 lower than their home chronos....wonder if that is going to continue through the match?

Less than 450 visitors to the site over the past two days, which is disappointing to say the least. The network coverage was perfect at the range with stages being posted just seconds after the 'unload and show clear', but the lack of visitors is causing me to question whether all this work is worth it.

Tomorrow I plan to record the Revolver match which will probably be the last USPSA match that I cover, and later in the year I hope to be in Florida to get some video of the IPSC World Shoot, after that I will shut this operation down. Its just too much work to do by myself and the costs are rising each year, plus it eats up practically all of my vacation days.

I always enjoyed watching your coverage. But like today I was at the range watching and tomorrow I'll be competing in the match. Your work is excellent but I fully understand. Thank you for everything you have done for us.

Less than 450 visitors to the site over the past two days, which is disappointing to say the least. The network coverage was perfect at the range with stages being posted just seconds after the 'unload and show clear', but the lack of visitors is causing me to question whether all this work is worth it.

Tomorrow I plan to record the Revolver match which will probably be the last USPSA match that I cover, and later in the year I hope to be in Florida to get some video of the IPSC World Shoot, after that I will shut this operation down. Its just too much work to do by myself and the costs are rising each year, plus it eats up practically all of my vacation days.

The coverage was great, I posted the links to the website on the uspsa-Indiana Facebook page and another Webforum

But I was unable to get them to play on my phone, new Samsung s5.

If you did it to a YouTube page that was easier for people to use may help

Thanks for the

The coverage was great, I posted the links to the website on the uspsa-Indiana Facebook page and another Webforum

Great coverage, Paul... Thanks for filming and posting...

Agree that Mov is a difficult format... Anything mp4 would be easier/better...

Edited by RaylanGivens

Thanks for the

MP4 lame. Mov if h264 so much better.

Thanks for the

On my s5 I got the videos to work using mx player by adding www.liveshots.net to the "network stream" setting. The videos were popping up and playing accordingly.

I say were because some reason or another they stopped working that way. However if you click on the video you are wanting to watch and choose the "earth/internet" icon it gives you the option to download the video. If you download it, which only takes a second, you can then watch the video via mx player with no problems.

Then all of the videos you downloaded are on your mx player in the "downloaded" section and you can watch them whenever you'd like or delete them.

I actually prefer doing it that way so then you can compare people's stage runs back to back and see what they did differently etc...

As always I enjoy the live shots of the big matches. I wish you could work out a deal with uspsa and at least get match fees and an r.o. package if not some other sort of compensation for great coverage. I know several ways that could work.

Edited by Prov1x

Thanks for the

On my s5 I got the videos to work using mx player by adding www.liveshots.net to the "network stream" setting. The videos were popping up and playing accordingly.

I say were because some reason or another they stopped working that way. However if you click on the video you are wanting to watch and choose the "earth/internet" icon it gives you the option to download the video. If you download it, which only takes a second, you can then watch the video via mx player with no problems.

Then all of the videos you downloaded are on your mx player in the "downloaded" section and you can watch them whenever you'd like or delete them.

I actually prefer doing it that way so then you can compare people's stage runs back to back and see what they did differently etc...

As always I enjoy the live shots of the big matches. I wish you could work out a deal with uspsa and at least get match fees and an r.o. package if not some other sort of compensation for great coverage. I know several ways that could work.

Yes I am sure that there was a way to do it, but my point was if you are wanting the masses to view these then you need to make it simple and easy to do and not have to run updates, downloads and patches to get them to play.

A youtube page or a facebook page is simple and easy for people to view.

I don't have a lot of time to spend on this discussion as I have to complete the Single Stack and Revolver articles for USPSA before 10th May.

1. Any browser, laptop, or mobile device requires regular software updates, either plug-ins for browsers or OS updates, so the need to keep software up-to-date applies to any method of viewing videos.

2. Using YouTube is not an option for me; Reasons are numerous.

a) but it can take several minutes to several hours for an uploaded video to show on YouTube, I would then have to pull in the video-file name and populate that into my web-site. Currently this is done by uploading the video into a folder and then I have a program that simply reads that folder and creates the link.

B) this --> YouTube always allows the owners to retain ownership of their work. But what they ask in their terms of use is that you grant to YouTube a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual license to freely sub-license, re-distribute, re-publish, monetize, and whatever they may want to do with your video. They're basically requiring that you grant YouTube all of the same rights that you have with your video, short of turning over your rights to them. (I.e., assigning to YouTube your complete rights.)

c) If YouTube revokes my id for any reason, such as they don't like the content (YouTube is owned by Google which is a left-leaning company) then I'm screwed.

3) The problem is with the Android OS. The .mov format is a widely accepted media format that runs on practically every OS, except for Android. I suspect that there is something in the OS that prevents any .mov file from working which is why there are no plug-ins for Firefox or Chrome to play quicktime videos. The reason may be linked to the Android/Samsung vs Apple lawsuit. I suspect that MX-Player is not playing the videos natively, it is converting them to flash or mp4 format.

4) H264 is better than mp4 format, my videos are in H264 format, they work anywhere as long as you have an up-to-date plug-in and you're not running Android. The more people that buy Android the more people will have problems using my site.

5) I have neither the time nor the money to rewrite my site to use .mp4 format which will also require me to convert over 1000 video files, purchase a different camera to record in mp4 and change all the upload and processing code.

All this explains why people are having problems and why I'm ready to pull the plug on the whole thing...

My I Pad plays them with no problem,my old lap top too..And I love the videos ,sorry to see you stop.

Then again ain't nuttin free..

Thank you for all your work with videos in the past.

My I Pad plays them with no problem,my old lap top too..And I love the videos ,sorry to see you stop.

Yep, the videos work everywhere except on Android... The MX Player seems to work though its a little funky, see previous post by Prov1x..

Thanks for doing a thankless job! Many of us really appreciate it!

Later,

Chuck