Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do you store component's

deerassassin22

I was wondering how everyone stores there powder and primers and bullets that are not loaded I was thinking about getting a cheap metal safe about 4 feet wide 6 feet tall so I can lock it all up and climate control it and keep the keys in my big fat boy safe

Edited by deerassassin22

Next to my gas water heater in cardboard boxes. JUST KIDDING! I have a 46" wide x 72" tall welded steel cabinet with three locking points.

All my powder, primers and live ammo go in it. It sits in my basement loading room.

Edited by Zoomy

SAMMI recommends that primers should be stored in a wooden cabinet with 1" thick walls.

Storing primers in a sealed metal safe is essentially like creating a bomb.

Here's a link to the SAMMI recommendations for storing primers:

http://www.saami.org/specifications_and_information/publications/download/SAAMI_ITEM_201-Primers.pdf

Pretty much just on a shelf in my loading room

Yup all mine sit on a shelf on my loading bench.

Yuppers, me too.. No cabinet.. just up high on a shelf

Yep on a shelf. My primers are on the opposite side of the room from my powder. No real reason other then it just kind of worked out that way.

My plan in case of a fire is to leave the house, so I don't worry about it. I keep enough stuff to work with upstairs in the loading room and everything else on a shelf in the garage.

The garage usually has a couple 5-gallon cans of gas in it, plus 4 motorcycles that are gassed up, so I don't think a few primers is going to change the fire hazard much. If it burns, I leave.

Edited by motosapiens

I see a lot of responses on what people do my main concern are thief's I hate them.

Your garden variety thief has no clue what reloading components are. They want guns, jewlery, money, electronics etc. Just remember to aim for the "A" (down zero) zone when they enter your domain. I know its tough without a buzzer.