Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3-gun match in Georgia

Just a feeler,

Is anyone interested in a 9 or 10 stage 3-Gun match in the Ft. Benning, Ga area? This match would not be USPSA affiliated and have rules similar to the RM3G. Could be a 1 or 2 day match with a prize table. If held we hope to have some "unique" stages and props with an Army theme. Again I am just trying to get an idea as to whether or not anyone would come. Also the entry fee would be comparable to other 3-gun matches $100-$150, and the timing would be Fall of '05(Oct- Nov). Happy holidays and thanks in advance for your feedback.

Hamp

Bear,

I hope to use a rule format blend similar to the RM3G and Kyle's match, hot pistol at all times. Only 1 long field course, the rest will be; half very challenging with a low hit factor and half high round count hose fest. All stages will be multi-gun, with some very original props and scenarios. Hope this helps, we have a very hectic schedule right now and don't want to dedicate the time and money if no one is interested or the timing is wrong. I guess the biggest help would be if I can get some feed-back on the time of year and how much notice is the minimum for good attendance. If we hold the match it will be great! Thanks for your help!

Hamp

There are about six guys from Alabama that I know wouldn't miss it. We are hosting the Area 6 3 gun at Moss Branch, Anniston, AL on Nov 4. Something to keep in mind. Good luck. We'll be there if it works out.

MHearn

As for Ft. Campbell, you'll be happy to know we plan to give some of the Interservice Championship matches a 3-gun feel. So all service members should plan on attending this summer.

AH, get with 6GDM, he will fill you in on the invitational details for the first match. The range we will be using is being built in January. So the first "proof match" must be shot with military personnel. So we hope to be able to invite soldiers for a 3 day CQM course followed by a 1 day match. This way we can assure Range control that all is well, and train some unit members in ROing. Again this is still in the set-up stage so don't expect a lot right now, but soon things will get rolling!

Rhino, we are about 97 miles south of Atlanta, If all goes well I can assure you this will be a can't miss. If you happen to be in the area with some time to kill, send me an e-mail. If we are in town (a very rare event lately) we would be happy to have you by for a tour and some shooting.

There are already two 3-gun matches scheduled for October 29/20. One in North Carolina and one in NJ.

If you held htis early September I think you could get 4-6 of us from NJ to come down. Sounds like a good set of ideas so far.

Jim Norman

Hey guys,

This will be an event not to miss! My teammate and squad leader SFC Hamp, has an awesome match in store for you. The only other way to play with “props” like these is to take the oath!

Hope to see you there,

Travis Tomasie

GO ARMY

• 4 weeks later...

T space T:

Hamp is a "no load P.N.ed" individual and you shouldn't beat the drum for him! That being said, I will do all in My power to be there! Let USPSA call thier Matches anything they want we all know where the reall "CHAMPIONSHIP" will be!! KURTM

Kurt...you can't come!

Hamp has been working on this for some time and I have been giving my input for stages. Just remember, this will take place at Ft. Benning...home of the Infantry. Just be ready for anything and bring plenty of Motrin.

Adios

Does this mean you're coming down for this match?

It's very possible! I have a sister who lives near Atlanta now, and she is always eager for me to visit. I could visit her (justification for the trip) and if I just happen to have a truckload of shooting gear (which I always do), then it would be a shame to not slide over there and bust some caps, right? ;)

And if I do make it, I hope there is a special award for the laziest, sloppiest, most combat-ineffective Chairborne Ranger! I'm all over it!