Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good Dawson Sevigny SIght Combo G17?

dubious

Hey guys... I'm shopping for a front rear sight combo for my G17 gen 3. I've been reading about ideal sight widths and I see that many of you like dawson and sevigny sites. I'm not shooting competition, just paper and steel plates. I'm interested in accuracy slightly above speed. And I'm on a serious tight budget. The glock sights are way too wide and chunky for me. Does this look like a sensible sight combo for me to buy?

From Dawson Precision.com

Sight/Warren Tactical/SetFix/Glock/Blk .150N Sevigny Competition Rear/Blk .215Tx.115W Front

Edited by dubious

Huh.. I've never heard of those TTIs before. I'm not really looking for fiber optic sights, but it is interesting how the fiber tip is on the top of the sight. The front sight looks about the right width but the rear is pretty narrow for ideal sight width. They do look pretty bada**. I was thinking of getting a front rear combo of iron sights where the black iron front is easily switched out with a narrow fiber optic front.

If you are looking for accuracy over speed, get a 125 rear notch and 100 front site. I have Dawson (fixed and adjustable) on several guns with those specs. I took off the 150 rear, as it was too wide for me.

Oh man... now I'm pretty tempted by the TTI. I kind of like the idea of buying the sevigny rear sight and switching out front iron sights, FOs, and night sights. That sounds so modular. This is my only glock. On the other hand those TTIs do look really accurate and tight. I wish I could just try them all out!

For competition the FO (he sells a plain black front too just have to call and ask) is setting up at the very top of the blade allowing you to shoot off the dot. They are ION bonded and will not rust and the slightly tighter rear gives more accuracy but allows quick acquisition of the sights. They are just good period. Our GM USPSA shooter switched as soon as he saw mine for the first time.

I'd go with Dawson New Competition sight. There's a very good chance your front sight won't be the right height and with Dawson part of their

program is you can swap the front sight for a different height no charge.. Plus with Dawson you can pick the width of the rear sight.

Here's the link so you can check it out.

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80001927-1391889703

• 5 months later...

I like adjustable rear sights; Dawson makes one of the only adjustable rear sight combo's out there, but Just don't understand WHY Dawson suggest that tall front sight with there adjustable rear ? Using a adjustable rear site you'd think would work with most front sights. It seems it only would only affect closer targets, and most zero 25, or 35 yards any way. Has anyone talked this over with Dawson on why that overly tall front sight, and is there other options. Dawson adjustable rear with a Taran front sight :goof:

OK JBP55; I know your a straight shooter LOL :D just funn you. I'm trying to understand the big difference between TTI, vs, Dawson vs, Sevigny sights there was a time when everyone here was on the band wagon for these too. I like a fast simple sight picture, not a bulls eye, or tactical carry sight. For me just straight up easy to find. So why are you and others doing the TTI sights change. Have you noticed a first shot time difference, or sight acquisition improvement that you tested with shot timer.

OK JBP55; I know your a straight shooter LOL :D just funn you. I'm trying to understand the big difference between TTI, vs, Dawson vs, Sevigny sights there was a time when everyone here was on the band wagon for these too. I like a fast simple sight picture, not a bulls eye, or tactical carry sight. For me just straight up easy to find. So why are you and others doing the TTI sights change. Have you noticed a first shot time difference, or sight acquisition improvement that you tested with shot timer.

A slightly tighter "less light" sight picture which many feel helps on the long shots or more difficult shots. You may do very well with the Dawson or others.