Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI Pistol Prices

AICS308

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went Infinity largely due to quality and reliability concerns. I spent my first year shooting USPSA and watching a steady stream of 1911 (and 2011s) throw up on their shoes during competition. Given how much I plan time and effort I plan on putting into becoming a competent Single Stack shooter, I wanted to just eliminate those issues as much as I could so I could just concentrate on sucking less.

Here is a single stack in 45acp. Also has a fitted barrel in 38 super. The advantage of having the interchangeable breechface.

SVI1911singlestack.jpg

I like it. Its a shame it isn't single stack legal. Do you shoot it in L-10?

No, I have not a USPSA match in many years. I just like nice 1911s.

Here is a single stack in 45acp. Also has a fitted barrel in 38 super. The advantage of having the interchangeable breechface.

SVI1911singlestack.jpg

just beautiful! nice guns guys!!!!!!!! ..............im like a kid in a candystore waiting for mine :goof: :goof:

A great way to talk to folks about SV pricing is the following:

What is everything you ever wanted in a pistol as they can build it for you????

Since it is everything you ever wanted, price really shouldn't be an issue.

If you can dream it, Brandon & Sandy can build it.

That's the truth......no body questions the sticker price on a Porsche or Ferrari :devil:

Those than want one and can afford it don't question it. I can't afford either but then again my Toyota's do the job just as well if not better.

SV's are pretty guns, no doubt. But they don't really get the job done any better than any other quality build do they?

I'd have to agree on the Toyota for mundane city driving, but you would not want to pull up next to a Porche or Ferrari - or a lowly Corvette - on the open road and point ahead.

My truck will run the speed limit just as well as any other car. :goof:

Hmmm....all I said is that somethings may give sticker shock...but people understand why it costs what it does.

I'm happy to continue with my STI.....

post-24914-0-88918600-1348281361_thumb.j

But I've always wanted and SVI ......now I've gone without a lot of other toys for a few years in order to afford it.

Its my 50th birthday present to me.

It was cheaper than the 2013 Vette that my neighbor got his kid...( 73K)...but to each his own.

It's obvious we love our pistols whatever the brand. Love Glocks......hate Glocks. Mclearn....Cheely. STI.....SVI. So many guns....so little time. My problem is I can't bring myself to sell any of the ones I have.

I made the decision to sell off 4 of my handguns and a couple of shotguns as to get my SVI. :mellow:

Now, if i could have done it without selling off my toys..... yea, I'd like to keep them.

However, I've made the decision that I'm going to concentrate on getting out and shooting more...so hence the decision to get another gun.

Given the IPSC rules regarding gun substitution I decided to get the last gun I may buy. :surprise:

So as the tale of the "pearl of great price".............. :cheers: