Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lone Survivor

My friends did this while I was healing from hernia surgery. So jealous and your darned right I'm going to see this. I read and reread the book. Kind of gets to you. Me anyway. Just hurts sometimes to read how hard someone fights, kicks some serious tail, and all to no avail. I'm sure that some of us have family who have either died, or left part of their bodies, and souls somewhere far away. It's sure sobering to think what these brave people sacrifice. I feel humbled by this.

JZ

I'd suggest seeing the movie and then reading the book, that way you pick up on the details left out of the movie. I didn't do that this time - mostly because I didn't know they were going to make the movie at the time I read the book.

Read the book, cant wait to see the movie. Also cant wait to see American sniper on the screen, great book also. All true American HEREOS. God Bless them

I had the chance to read that book, different than what I expected. I hope that they do the move right since Chris isn't with this world any longer... I am really looking forward to seeing Lone Survivor once deer season is done(2weeks from today)..

I'd suggest seeing the movie and then reading the book, that way you pick up on the details left out of the movie. I didn't do that this time - mostly because I didn't know they were going to make the movie at the time I read the book.

Yes

If you haven't read the book SEE the movie THEN read the book.

Great movie

When walking out a couple behind me the wife says "that was tough to watch" to her husband his response was "the cost of freedom..."

http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org/donate/

I just finished the book. I plan on seeing the movie this week. After the book it makes my life feel less accomplished. All my victories in this civilian life pale miserably in comparison to what these men and many others accomplish and give. Hope I get the opportunity to meet him some day.

Edited by Zoomy

read the book and watched the movie mon, i think the book was better offered more to learn about the operation. movie was good. talking to a few ranger buddies and sf friends they were pleased with how the movie was put together and protrayed the guys! Thank you to all past,present and future memebers of our armed forces here on the sight and around the world!

I got a little misty-eyed toward the end. Great movie that shows some of the horrors of war. Marcus may think he is a coward for living, but I think he is a hero for living thru it and telling the story.

Edited by remoandiris