Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production holster glock 34

Onepocket

Determining which holster is "best" is entirely subjective.

I've always had great luck with the Blade-Tech OWB holster with the Stingray attachment for all my Production Glock pistols, as well as Single Stack 1911 pistols.

DOH is the way to go. As long as the gun is within the rules for butt to belt. I have seen only one instance where the gun was too low with the DOH hanger. As a matter of fact the rule is the same for Limited

In my continuing quest to not use 3-piece holsters held together by a bunch itty bitty nuts and bolts I have owned and used the following. They are all fantastic:

Performance Holsters 525 (I used one with a G35 for a while, and also have one for a Shadow)

http://performanceholsters.com/belt-holsters

Ready Tactical DOH. Solid. Get it from forum vendor CPWSA.

RLN. Also solid, similar to the Ready Tactical. Get 'em from Matt Mink/Automatic Accuracy. This is what I use now in Production.

But... BT owns the DOH holster market. There is something to be said for every holster being mass produced so that every one is exactly the same. Lots of spare parts.

• 2 weeks later...

I used BT for many years. Was always kinda 'meh' about it. Really hate the new modular belt attachments, always crashing my thumb into it when using the DOH.

Recently tried Ready Tactical, here are my thoughts on it...

I got a new Ready Tactical DOH for my G34 as a Christmas present. My bladetech DOH mount was cracked, and no repair I tried seem to stick.

I haven't done any live fire w. This holster, but I don't think live vs dry will affect my opinions.

The holster is very well made. Some pros:
- one piece design means very few screws to blackout and come loose; it's also much more rigid than the BT.
- on a two-layer belt like the CR, it has legal 2" offset from the inside of the inner belt. BT always need heating/bending or shims to make it legal.
- it fits solidly on the belt, it is the correct width/thickness wo using spacers, it has much less wobble than the BT (especially w. a little extra Velcro added.)
- the sight channel is tall/wide, and there is no chance of the FS dragging or getting tweaked by the holster. This wasn't a problem w my most recent BT, but was w the one I used for my 92 (often drew to find a plastic shaving clinging to the FS)
- the retention is awesome, because it's not perfectly molded to the trigger guard, it's more rounded. I can turn the holster upside down and shake it w.o the gun falling out, but I don't have to "snatch" it to draw.
- belt mount is well rounded and leaves lots of room between the gun and belt, so I haven't jammed my thumb into it yet. The new "modular" nonsense from BT sucks in this area.
- tension adjustment is toolless

I haven't hit on any real cons yet, other than I may have to put some locktite on the tension adjustment.

This will be my recommendation to folks looking for a production holster from now on, unless some unexpected problem shows up.

-rvb

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried a comptac international and ready tac DOH, and I much prefer the ready tac. It is very well made compared to the comptac, and the DOH is much more sturdy than the comptac DOH attachment, which seems to move around a lot making it hard to get a consistent grip on the draw, especially if i'm drawing while moving.

In my continuing quest to not use 3-piece holsters held together by a bunch itty bitty nuts and bolts I have owned and used the following. They are all fantastic:

Performance Holsters 525 (I used one with a G35 for a while, and also have one for a Shadow)

RLN. Also solid, similar to the Ready Tactical. Get 'em from Matt Mink/Automatic Accuracy. This is what I use now in Production.

But... BT owns the DOH holster market. There is something to be said for every holster being mass produced so that every one is exactly the same. Lots of spare parts.

Antichrome,

Do you use the RLN mag pouches and are you happy with them?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Antichrome,

Do you use the RLN mag pouches and are you happy with them?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Yes, and yes.

Keep in mind though, they hold the mags in fairly close to the body.

If you're a big guy, or have some, uh, overlap, you may want to stick with some thing like a CR Speed pouch, or one of the new bullet out designs.

Edited by The Antichrome

Based on comments from Antichrome I purchased the 525 holster from performance holsters. Rick made my holster exactly what I wanted. A little offset but no drop. Turnaround was about a week. Perfect fit for my 34, rock solid attachment on the belt. The best mag pouches that I have found are from Center of Mass holsters. I got the rotator ones, they stick out from the body and are easy to get to, they are slim so they don't take up much room on your belt, and the attachment is also rock solid. They are custom made so turnaround is about 4 to 6 weeks. Rick had mine done in 4.

I've tried tons of Production holsters for both the CZ Shadow and the Glock 34.

The Blade Tech is ok, (both black ice and regular) but it often needs some shims to get it compliant with the 2" rule. The retention is pretty bad with a CZ, but it's ok with a Glock. The belt attachment has a bunch of funky ridges that I had to grind off because my thumb hit them occasionally. Finally, it has a bunch of screws that will eventually come loose unless you go through and loc-tite them all.

The Ghost Stinger has that joint that can come loose. I know a lot of people like them, but they will tell you that they have had to maintain the holster with multiple adjustments and a fair dose of loc-tite.

The Ready Tactical is excellent for the Glock 34, but completely unusable for the Shadow. I liked my Ready Tactical for the Glock so much that I ordered one for the Shadow before I was even able to locate a Shadow to buy. When I met a Shadow seller at a match, imagine my surprise when I couldn't even get the gun in the holster without entirely removing the tension adjustment screws. I tried another RT Shadow holster and it had the same problem. I don't want to throw anyone under the bus, but considering the holster didn't work for my gun - at all - the customer service I received to remedy the situation was lacking.

The RLN DOH holster for the Shadow is excellent. It's the best Shadow holster I have tried. In fact, it took me about 2 seconds to fire my Blade Tech from my Production belt and install the RLN. I mean, it should be good because Mink has given the designer direct feedback as to how a CZ holster should work. Like the Ready Tactical, it only has two screws to worry about, and they are both tension adjustment screws. So while you don't have infinite adjustment possibilities, you do have a rock solid holster with good retention that won't come loose on your belt or require any maintenance. In my opinion, that is exactly what you want for Production division.

For anyone else considering this issue, take a look at the double alpha PDR. Good holster.

yep, that's the one i use with both my limited G35 -34 , i like it,

i apply a little blue threadlock to the end of the retention adjustment bolt as i use the loosest setting ,the bolt may unscrew completely if i don't check it out. threadlock take care of this possible scenario.

Edited by sigsauerfan