Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Brownells Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championship

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got in with a sponsor slot

oh I was hoping I moved up was 37 to start and 6th a month ago

Wish I could be of more help but I'd be willing to say you should get in if you have gotten that close with a few months still left to go.

• 3 weeks later...

There is one more opening in the Pro match, I recently found out that I would be out of the country the week of the Pro Am, so I withdrew. There will be a room opening at the Sleep Inn in Cave City as well.

I hope to see ya'll next year.

Hurley

There is one more opening in the Pro match, I recently found out that I would be out of the country the week of the Pro Am, so I withdrew. There will be a room opening at the Sleep Inn in Cave City as well.I hope to see ya'll next year.Hurley

Sorry to hear that. Some lucky soul will appreciate it though. Have a nice trip abroad.

Guys, are 40 round AR magazines allowed?

It depends on your USPSA classification. If your above a B class shooter then you have to use 30 rounds or less. ;)

In all seriousness, they are allowed.

Thanks for the responses... My local club doesn't allow mags > 30 for TO class and I saw no specifics in the match rules. My 40 round mag is reliable but I've always seen folks have issues with the beta mags which in my opinion are too heavy anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

The 2013 Round Count:

Figuring 1 rd per steel and 2 per paper:

The Am rd count is rifle ~80 to 55, pistol ~110 to 90, and shot ~55 to 45.

The Pro rd count is Rifle ~100 to 75, pistol ~140 to 80, and shot ~100 to 60.

Some stages had options on which gun you could use, hence the Max ~ Min numbers.

Again, this was the 2013 round count. The natural terrain and settings of the Rockcastle Shooting Center allows the stage designers much more flexibility than square bays, The exact round/target count is not likely to be set until a few weeks before the match.

Bring plenty of ammo, be ready for the stages to look a little different in person than the artist conception you'll see in the 2 dimensional stage printouts and expect to have big fun, This match is a blast !