Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Brownells Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championship

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Gary...

Guys,

I'm shooting this match for the first time. Looking at the A1 description and barring any surprise in the actual stage setup, my personal preference would be to shoot the whole stage with handgun and forgo the shotgun altogether. Would this be allowed?

I wouldn't bank on shooting a stage a specific way based on the COF description. There are other things to consider when planning a stage. Target size and distance....just to name a few. The COF's are a basic idea of what to expect.

Thanks Steve, after reading all the stage descriptions it seems there is a lot of flexibility on the use of weapon to engage most targets. I like this very much, especially since I suck at loading the shotgun. Can't wait to shoot this match.

Aerial clays coming back, slugs and buckshot back, multiple options for target engagement with gun of choice. Sounds like a great time and should be a lot of variation in stage planning. Not just who can execute the best, but who comes up with the best plans is going to play a part. I like it!

Gary, we've been using those same plates at the local matches this year at Rock, always w/ the tabs turned forward, and they work just fine. Just like any other target, the shooter has to understand how it works and where to hit it. There's nothing wrong w/ these plates.

They could be better if the tab was smaller. If you shoot the tab the target moves less than if you shoot the top of the plate. I don't think anyone would argue that they are the best shotgun target they have encountered. I for one despise them.

Anybody know of a place you can readily buy Winchester AA 1300 fps 7-8 shot between The Rock and Nashville?

Check with Gamaliel Shooter Supply, They are not exactly on your route into the Rock but they will likely be there as a vendor and may be making deliveries to the match.

Also there is a Bass Pro on Briley Pkwy near the Nashville airport and a Gander Mountain within sight of I -65 in Bowling Green. (a few months from now we will have a Cabelas in Bowling Green too)

Edited by GunCat

Am stage 2 has six BC zone steel targets to be engaged with slugs, I didn't see any other slugs on the Am match.

Thankfully, I only see slugs on one of the Pro stages too. It's 6 BC zone hits too.

Am stage 2 has six BC zone steel targets to be engaged with slugs, I didn't see any other slugs on the Am match.

Thankfully, I only see slugs on one of the Pro stages too. It's 6 BC zone hits too.

There are 7 slug plates on Pro 4

Anybody know of a place you can readily buy Winchester AA 1300 fps 7-8 shot between The Rock and Nashville?

Check with Gamaliel Shooter Supply, They are not exactly on your route into the Rock but they will likely be there as a vendor and may be making deliveries to the match.

Also there is a Bass Pro on Briley Pkwy near the Nashville airport and a Gander Mountain within sight of I -65 in Bowling Green. (a few months from now we will have a Cabelas in Bowling Green too)

Gamliel will be at the ProAm and are taking orders for delivery at the match.