Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Brownells Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championship

This is the round count from last year. There will likely not be one posted for this year until much closer to the match.

Here is what we have for round count. Keep in mind it is draft. I don't want to say final until the correct amount of steel is on site and the RMs have reviewed the stages. There are no aerial clays, slugs, or buckshot in either match. Slings will not be need. The shooter will have options on which gun to use on some tgts. It's not a new concept but is good one. When the shooter looks at a stage a decision must be made not only on how to proceed but also in some cases which gun to use or when to transition.

It's always a good idea to bring twice the ammo you think you need to any match. Remember if a magnet sticks to a rifle bullet leave it at home. Figuring 1 rd per steel and 2 per paper:

The Am rd count is rifle ~80 to 55, pistol ~110 to 90, and shot ~55 to 45.

The Pro rd count is Rifle ~100 to 75, pistol ~140 to 80, and shot ~100 to 60.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Round counts will come out later with the stages. Bring 2x in case of re-shoots. Probably plan for 250 of each if you want to start now. In the past 3 years slugs and buckshot have been at a minimum. Last year there were none in the AM match. The most slugs I've shot there was year 1 in the 4x4 post shoot.

Note: I work for Brownells. If you haven't seen the releases, AR15.com pulled out as title sponsor of this match. Brownells is the new title sponsor, the contract was signed at SHOT. If you want the whole release, and the new logo, send me an email, larry.weeks@brownells.com. We're looking forward to having our name at the forefront of this great match. Linda is the stats and organization Queen, Nick, Nate and Jim have always taken great care of us, Gary Welborn is an old friend from the great Kentucky state matches and we love that everyone is so excited to shoot the match. So, stop saying ARfcom match, Brownells ProAm sounds good to me. Don't worry about the prize table, Nick told me at SHOT is was already bigger than last year. The week long celebration is going to be great!

Not only do I like the fact that Brownells is being title match sponsor, but really like how they not only support the sport, but have there guys out there with us shooting. Enjoyed shooting with Larry at SE3GC this past December in Blakely.

What I don't like is being number 38 on Pro waiting list :angry2:

Thanks sb3 and Zukeep... already have the match ammo separated. I'll take my M&P 9mm and Glock 35 40 cal. guns and decide on-site which to use. I use the Glock for USPSA major but for this match it just punches bigger holes. Also, I haven't observed better accuracy with the longer barrel.

And remember this is 3GN scoring. 2 on paper or 1 Alpha to neutralize target. Pick the one that you go fast with. Keep the Mikes to a minimum and accuracy isn't the concern.

If it's your first ProAm you are in for a treat.

Whatever it's called. Scoring on each stage will be time plus penalties. 2 on or 1A/B neutralizes target and incurs no penalty. Each stage will be worth 100 points; competitor with lowest time earns 100 points, everyone else in that division is factored from that time.

Point is - Charlies and Deltas are not an issue as KC9 chooses his pistol.

Complete rules, including scoring on match web-site:

http://www.rock3gun.com/

Whatever it's called. Scoring on each stage will be time plus penalties. 2 on or 1A/B neutralizes target and incurs no penalty. Each stage will be worth 100 points; competitor with lowest time earns 100 points, everyone else in that division is factored from that time.

Point is - Charlies and Deltas are not an issue as KC9 chooses his pistol.

Complete rules, including scoring on match web-site:

http://www.rock3gun.com/

PS. The stages on the web-site are from 2013.

What about a nice Techware shirt for the RO's ?

Only one each would be needed as they wash & dry fast.

Front could be black /white striped like Hockey ref's - back all black & sponsors could add logo's

I was RO on Pro 2 & there is over 3 hours of youtube just on that stage from last year..... mostly showing mine or Phillip's backs !

Good marketing opportunity ........................ for a few of you vendors .

40 RO's max , so hug an RO & help us look good .

Edited by gunfighteruk

Front could be black /white striped like Hockey ref's - back all black & sponsors could add logo's

I was RO on Pro 2 & there is over 3 hours of youtube just on that stage from last year..... mostly showing mine or Phillip's backs !

No white/black stripes.....we all know that Ref's for "one ball required" sports are blind and expect more from our RO's. :cheers:

I like the RO jersey idea, but I think you could just as easily give them 3 distinct RO t-shirts to wear and the cost would be nearly the same or less unless a Jersey company wanted to curb the costs a little for a mention as a smaller match sponsor. <------hint hint, wink wink jersey companies.

As an added bonus, a couple brits would go home with more gun shirts to offend the sheeple. :devil:

Can we make it a hi-vis color so it's easier to find in the deep woods underneath an ATV?

Maybe add some torso padding?

:devil:

Kalahnikid, thanks for the comment. I'll make sure to check the POI of my rifle at 50, 100 and 200 yards; and practice my shotshell loading technique since I shoot TO.

Edited by kc9