Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Brownells Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championship

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary, we've been using those same plates at the local matches this year at Rock, always w/ the tabs turned forward, and they work just fine. Just like any other target, the shooter has to understand how it works and where to hit it. There's nothing wrong w/ these plates.

IMO as long as the tabs are turned the same for the duration of the match, then it's all good.

BTW, I really like these small knock down plates. :)

Edited by Ryan N

Anybody coming up from South Florida (via I-75) for this match? I need a courier favor if anyone can help. Primers and powder from Ocala area. Thanks.

Edited by wgj3

You just have to hit the plates- tab in front or back it does not matter- it will go down.

This is true with a solid hit. But I'm convinced that a less than solid hit will more easily knock down a plate that has the tab turned to the rear. This is why I say as long as tabs are turned consistently the same direction, there can be no valid argument about it.

as in all things that are scored, fairness demands consistency. I see ryann's point, yes you need to hit them, regardless of how they are set, but one way they fall to a less than solid hit and the other way takes a solid hit.

I believe he's saying he doesn't care how they are set, just so its consistent for EVERYONE!!!!, this is also where the shooter can take a bit of extra time and get a friend to look at targets and make sure they are set properly. Last year we had some pro's complain about consistent target presentation, saying some targets were not placed square to the shooter, take the extra time to look at the cof before the timer starts, and get the RO to correct anything that looks inconsistent. BTW, the pro's did not get reshoots, they shot the targets in question so we couldn't fix anything once they shot them down, except to make sure RO's did due diligence to the COF.

trapr

Just found out I'll be missing the match. My wife tells me we have to move my daughter off to College on the 22nd. Not sure why she can't move in a week early...

Sorry to hear that Alan.

Wgj3 - stages will be posted tomorrow.

Thanks Gary...

Guys,

I'm shooting this match for the first time. Looking at the A1 description and barring any surprise in the actual stage setup, my personal preference would be to shoot the whole stage with handgun and forgo the shotgun altogether. Would this be allowed?

Thanks Gary...

Guys,

I'm shooting this match for the first time. Looking at the A1 description and barring any surprise in the actual stage setup, my personal preference would be to shoot the whole stage with handgun and forgo the shotgun altogether. Would this be allowed?

Yes, you could shoot the entire stage with a handgun if you choose.