Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Brownells Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championship

Thanks GunCat... This is my first time shooting this match. After reading the scoring rules I was considering just engaging close to medium range paper targets with one shot. I'm pretty sure I can get one good center placed shot but I tend to throw the second shot a bit if I don't take an extra second to aim (Tactical class.) I've always shot 3 Gun with USPSA rules that require at least two hits so I've never even practiced the "one shot per paper" technique.

Is it common for some folks to shoot just one well aimed shot and move on? Or do the majority "play it safe" and engage paper twice?

Thanks

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go fast- two on paper. Hold on the brown instead of being concerned about where the scoring rings are located.

Slugs- probably. Bring 20 and you should have enough.

Buck- not likely.

Edited by Bryan 45

There are times when ill take the 1A but most of the time, its 2 on each paper.

Looking forward to getting back to RockCastle again! maybe I should start practicing more with this match a couple months away?

BIG thank you to Tru-Spec for offering to outfit the Range Crew with pants /shorts & shirts.

Now all the RO's need is a footwear vendor & ammo supplier with free samples & were good to go for another year :lol:

It's great when a Match put's as much support into the Range Crew as it gives the shooters :cheers:

Now where's that nice Janson at Freedom muntions phone number :goof:

Edited by gunfighteruk

I don't recall there being any slugs last year.

There were no slugs on the amateur stages either of the last two years. There was buckshot required 2 years ago. No idea what the pro stages did or didn't require.

I only live 45 min from Rockcaste, so that might be a bit farther than I want. Plus I'm not a morning person so I like to roll out of bed and shoot. From the looks of it, at least as far as priceline goes, Rockcastle is the only thing in the area above 2 stars. Funny enough I have a room reserved from the 17th to the 20th at the lodge, then I have to go to another hotel from the 21st to the 24th.

I found quite a few through various hotel sites if anyone is still looking. Best Western in Cave city for 100 a night (80 with a travel site, 90 with mil, USAA, AAA or AARP), Sleep Inn and Suites in Cave city for 130ish (99 with travel site), were the 2 a the top of my list. I used Priceline and Hotelguides. Priceline had better deals but HG had more listed. Nothing I found was super awesome but they seemed decent enough and I'll be spending most of my time at Rockcastle anyways.

Does anyone know if Rockcastle is ever going to fill their pool again? The kids would love that.

Glasgow has the movies, Walmart, and ice cream. It's the bomb. Especially if its raining. But Cave City is hotel heaven.

They are never going to fill their pool again. But Best Western or one of them on the same side of the road as the Mexican restaurant has a nice pool.

Glasgow has the movies, Walmart, and ice cream. It's the bomb. Especially if its raining. But Cave City is hotel heaven.

They are never going to fill their pool again. But Best Western or one of them on the same side of the road as the Mexican restaurant has a nice pool.

Thanks. Is there a reason why like is it damaged? I know, our hotel has one, but I stay at the Rock a lot and the kids ask about it every time.

Also bring work gloves for picking up shotgun plates & based on last year's wading through the bays wear waterproof boots, bug spray , tick removal kit & a good sense of humor.

Lots of vendors stall's stay open till late so bring cash :unsure:

:cheers:

Edited by gunfighteruk