Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

glock 26

bodene 5

which one gen 3 or gen 4 and you're thoughts on the 26 for those who have one . thinking of getting one

I carry a Gen 3 26 in a kydex AIWB,. I would recommend the Gen 3, the smoother grip is more comfortable against your waist AIWB, especially if your holster doesn't have a big leather shield, If you carry in something like a M TAC, no difference. The 26 gen 3 and gen 4 use the same dual recoil spring setup. Don't have a gen 4 26, but will occassionally carry a gen 4 17, AIWB, the extra texture is tolerable against the skin, bearable but you know its there.

Edited by dee loo

which one gen 3 or gen 4 and you're thoughts on the 26 for those who have one . thinking of getting one

I carry a Gen 3 26 in a kydex AIWB,. I would recommend the Gen 3, the smoother grip is more comfortable against your waist AIWB, especially if your holster doesn't have a big leather shield, If you carry in something like a M TAC, no difference. The 26 gen 3 and gen 4 use the same dual recoil spring setup. Don't have a gen 4 26, but will occassionally carry a gen 4 17, AIWB, the extra texture is tolerable against the skin, bearable but you know its there.

I have a Raven Concealment Phantom holster for mine and have the inside and outside waistband loops. I like the inside carry better but it is uncomfortable unless I have a shirt tucked in my pants. No problem in cool weather but I'm looking for another solution for the summer when I don't want to wear a jacket or two shirts.

^ hum.... I carry a gen 4 g27 AIWB (Dale Fricke) and have never felt the texture on my skin..

I prefer the gen 4 over the gen 3 in all sizes but especially the little guys. I get a much better grip on them.

Whichever way you go, check out the GAP floorplates. They don't add any size (unlike the extensions) but help me get out of the holster a whole lot quicker!

I carry my Gen3 G26 in a Blade-Tech Nano IWB holster almost every day and love it. I haven't put a lot of rounds through it (about 1200 in three years) but have carried it a lot. It has Glock factory night sights on it and I intend to upgrade with a set that will be easier to see for my eyes.

I've never had a single malfunction with the pistol and it might quite likely be my most accurate Glock pistol. I've had others tell me that their G26 pistols are also surprisingly accurate.

I have two 3rd GEN G26s - one for me and one for wife. I like them very much - I use a Glock OEM +2 mag pad to get 12 rounds in the nah and a better grip. I have shot my G26 regularly and it shoots very well - never an issue.

I agree that you should compare a G19 to a G26 before you buy.

I shoot the Glock 26 Gen 3 with a pierce pinky rest (adds no rounds and keeps the size down a little). I also shoot the Glock 19 Gen 3 with trijicon night sights and an extended mag release. Both shoot equally well out to 25 yards and regarding concealed carry qual, I've cleaned the course of fire with both. The Glock 26 gen 4 offers the changealbe backstraps that the Gen 3 does not. I'm guessing the gen 4 recoil spring has a metal guide rod which is a marginal improvement in durability over the gen 3's synthetic rod. Tomatoes tomatos I think the gen 3 might cost a little less.

The pinkie extenders on the mags will give you a better feel... and make the grip the same size as that of a G19.

But the G26 gives you the option to go smaller if you want by using the factory flat basepad.

I use an extender for IWB carry, and a flat basepad for ankle carry.

I have aGen 3 27 and a Gen 4 27 and both are rock solid. I think the main difference if you are deciding between them is the standard diff between any G3 and G4.

They are both fairly thick/heavy for their barrel size (typical Glock) so ankle carry is not even something I consider with them.

If you have big hands the large back strap on the G4 will help in addition to the grip extension.

In comparison to a G19, the only time I even notice a difference with IWB carry is when I sit down in the drivers seat of a car. The extra barrel length is just enough to push down on the seat and shift the holster up a bit for me. With a G26/27 nothing moves when I sit down.

With regards to the Pearce grips, I think their product info can be confusing. BL: Any of the normal frame glock base pads will work on any normal frame gen magazines but the older base pads have a slight extra lip at the top that marries up well to the gun but is weird to me when its out. The "G4" base pads lack the lip and have a G4-ish texture. IMO the extra lip added to the PG-39 and the PG 27-33 are annoying so I prefer the shape and texture on the PG-G4+ versions better and I don't care if the texture doesn't match the older guns.

According to the Glock folks, if you are using a +2 baseplate you should be using the spring for the next larger size magazine to ensure reliability. So a G26 with a +2 plate (Glock or Pearce) should have a G19 spring in it. I've shot them plenty with the standard springs without any issues but thats what they say.

I have what I think of as medium large hands and I don't have any problems at all shooting with the stumpy grip. Don't try to get my pinky on the grip but tuck it under the bottom.

My g26 is the only gun I have with night sights so it serves as carry gun and nightstand gun.

Keep a +p Gold Dot chambered all the time, put a loaded ten round magazine in it when I leave home and a loaded 17 shot magazine in it when I get home and return it to the nightstand.