Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jessie Duff First Lady GM

BSeevers

Awesome accomplishment. But I think there was a gunsmith that was actually the first lady GM. Her name escapes me.

Nope Never been a woman GM. Its a big deal

You are thinking about Kim Stroud but she was a M

The first woman M was Shelia Bray. That was a big deal too

Sounds like a mean question, but its honest. I'm sure the award for high Lady will continue to promote involvement.

Another question, will she be eligible for the High Lady Award as a GM?

For that matter, are Junior GM's eligible for the Junior acknowledgements?

This is a great accomplishment. I am truly happy for her, and hope this insipers other female competitors.

Sorry for the thread jack with the noob questions.

Edited by CB45

Sounds like a mean question, but its honest. I'm sure the award for high Lady will continue to promote involvement.

This is a great accomplishment. I am truly happy for her, and hope this insipers other female competitors.

I'm no USPSA rules expert, but I can't see why she wouldn't be eligible for "High Lady" just because she earned her GM card. Being a GM doesn't mean she's no longer female - in fact, she appears to be just about as female as they come.

Same deal with a Junior who's a GM - they're still a Junior. Either way, congrats to Jessie on this great achievement - she's been working toward this for a very long time.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm no USPSA rules expert, but I can't see why she wouldn't be eligible for "High Lady" just because she earned her GM card. Being a GM doesn't mean she's no longer female - in fact, she appears to be just about as female as they come.

Same deal with a Junior who's a GM - they're still a Junior. Either way, congrats to Jessie on this great achievement - she's been working toward this for a very long time.

Actually, if I remember correctly, GM was created for the best, there are no awards for 2nd, 3rd, etc GM. It is not like all the other classes. It is expected that GM's compete only for match win, nothing less.

I'm guessing though, that she will earn high Lady, if she is the First Lady. But who knows what different MDs will do.

Based on the reasoning for establishing the GM class, some might consider her only competing for match win. It could be interesting.

Edited by Chris iliff