Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 TTI Sights POI

Mike62

I am building a Glock 34 for Production/SSP and I am trying to pick out a set of sights. All my M&Ps have fixed Dawson sights and I have been happy with them except for the rusting and the two broken front sights which Dawson replaced for free. I have heard good things about the TTI sights that supposedly stronger and more rust resistant. I went to their website and realized that they only make a single sight height for all Glocks. After 2 hours of reading I can't get a definitive answer on whether or not they will have the correct POI for my Glock 34 shooting 147gr at 132pf. Does anyone have an experience or advice?

Thanks!

They will run POA/POI in some and some they could be a slight 6'0 clock hold. Taran has a slightly taller sight if needed and he also has straight black front sights as well.

You will not be disappointed with the TTI sights I stand by that! Great product and great guy! Call the shop and talk to them. I have never been disappointed in the CS and I run the sights, trigger kit, and base pads! Love TTI!

I run the set from sevigny/warren. I have a 34 shooting 147's between 130-135 fp and the .245 height is perfect. I have had them for several years and never had a rust issue or a broken fiber optic. From what I understand a lot of people use the sevigny sights. I think the TTI sights are somewhat newer ...not sure but I have never used them.

same exact boat as you...have fixed Dawson's on my SSP/Production G34 & just got my TTI set yesterday for my 3gun/steel G34

same rust issue as you also w the Dawson's...I too shoot 147's at 130PF ... will let ya know when I get the G34 finished & running, but I spoke w Taran himself regarding this & he said they will be POA/POI on a G34 w/ minor PF ......Cant wait to get her going :cheers:

In my experience, there is enough variation in individual pistols, you will just have to see what they do on your pistol.

For example, I typically run a .235 front sight on most Glock 17 pistols, and my wife uses a .215. However, on my wife's G34, Trijicon HD sights shoot unacceptably high for her at 50 yards. Despite my typically needing a taller front sight than her, I have a 34 with a perfect POI at 50 with the same model HD sights.

I have always used Sevigny comp sights and I am now going to be setting up a G35 for L10 or Limited shooting major and I have read a bunch of different opinions. I have always used .245 and comp rears on my 34 and .215 on my 17. I don't know if the G35 will be different with major ammo but, I am going to try the TTI when I am ready for them. I think you will just need to make sure you can send them back and get another height if needed.

They will all work you just need to get what is right for you and your load!!

I sent TTI an email to see if they will swap the front sight if it does not produce POI hits at 25yds. I will let you know what they say. If the answer is yes I will be ordering a set of these ASAP.

Thanks for all the feedback.

I have the TTi sights on my 34 and they are poa/poi, for me I prefer a thinner font sight so I got a Dawson with the same height but .105 width. My buddy's 34 with the tti sights shots high. We are both shooting 147's.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the input. I never heard back from TTI so I went with the Dawson sights due to their past customer service. Unfortuantly they were back ordered so I'm not sure when I will get them. When I do I will try to post pics in case anyone is interested.

It all depends on the shooter if it's wide enough just rite or too wide. For me, I do not like a ton of daylight and the sevigney style sights don't work for me where I would go stock over them. I run a Dawson adjustable with a front. My preferred daylight is .oo5 ie 115 front 120 rear. 110 front 115 rear etc. Those huge rear and slim front I see a tax faster but shoot slower and less accurate. With the less gap if I see the front in the rear it's centered well enough. Best bet is to see a set and see how it works for you since we are all different

Thanks for all the input. I never heard back from TTI so I went with the Dawson sights due to their past customer service. Unfortuantly they were back ordered so I'm not sure when I will get them. When I do I will try to post pics in case anyone is interested.

Good choice. Almost every order I've placed with Dawson either the front or rear sight was out of stock and they still shipped within about a week.

Good choice. Almost every order I've placed with Dawson either the front or rear sight was out of stock and they still shipped within about a week.

Shipped Yesterday :-)

It's VERY hard to compete with Dawson. Their new Competition Glock sight is AWESOME. You can pick the rear notch width .125/135/145/155

and then he swaps out the front sight later if it's not POA/POI no charge. Plus if you want some special height or width they don't list they will make you exactly what you want..

I have emailed TTI a few times and never heard anything from them. I then used facebook and I got a reply from Taran and then a follow email when I told him I didn't get a reply. I was looking for basepads not sights but I am now onto sights for a G4 35 shooting major 180gr. This is my first major gun and I am thinking Dawson. I am using Warren Sevigny on my 34 and I like them just the width on the rear i don't like.

• 2 weeks later...

It's VERY hard to compete with Dawson. Their new Competition Glock sight is AWESOME. You can pick the rear notch width .125/135/145/155

and then he swaps out the front sight later if it's not POA/POI no charge. Plus if you want some special height or width they don't list they will make you exactly what you want..

OK I'm struggling with this question about the Competition HD rear sight. What height front sight do they recommend on a 34?

While I understand that guns are not identical and ammunition is a factor, isn't there at least a starting point recommended by Dawson for a nominal 34 using the rear sight mentioned above? The web site just confuses me. They offer a multitude of options, but I can't find the first recommendation. They are supposedly the sight experts but they seem to throw out a grabbag of choices with no guidance.

Am I off base here? How about someone who is pleased telling us exactly what combination they are pleased with?

If you will call Dawson and ask your question they will tell you in a hurry what you should start with. After you receive them only you can determine if a different front sight will be required. A 10 minute conversation with the vendor is all you need to set your mind at ease.

Edited by bowenbuilt

If you will call Dawson and ask your question they will tell you in a hurry what you should start with. After you receive them only you can determine if a different front sight will be required. A 10 minute conversation with the vendor is all you need to set your mind at ease.

Thanks for the reply. I'll call them. It still seems like they would supply that on the website. In spite of the differences from case to case it seems there would be a nominal starting point.

There probably is.. Thanks for the reply

OK I'm struggling with this question about the Competition HD rear sight. What height front sight do they recommend on a 34?

While I understand that guns are not identical and ammunition is a factor, isn't there at least a starting point recommended by Dawson for a nominal 34 using the rear sight mentioned above? The web site just confuses me. They offer a multitude of options, but I can't find the first recommendation. They are supposedly the sight experts but they seem to throw out a grabbag of choices with no guidance.

Am I off base here? How about someone who is pleased telling us exactly what combination they are pleased with?

From Dawson's website (http://www.dawsonprecision.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=SIGHTS+REAR%3AGlock+Rear+Sights:Dawson+Glock+Fixed+Competition%2FTarget+Rear+Sights):

"The .225 tall rear works with .205 tall front and replaces the Dawson Glock Carry Rear Sight.

The .250 Tall rear works with .230 tall front to give you the full advantage of the deeper rear sight notch."

Before ordering I asked Dawson if they recommended a taller front sight for a G34 and they said to go with their normal recommended height. The .230" shoots to the correct POI on my G34.

Edited by Russell92

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using the TTI sight with the .220 front on my 34 and and still shooting low. I wish there was a .210 front sight.

Shooting Low uh... what AMMO are you putting though it?

I have the opposite problem. Dead center, but about 2" high at 25 yards. I was using XTREME 135gr RNFP with 3.5gr of TightGroup @ 1.130 OAL.

After researching a bit...I have read multiple articles about how the bullet weight will affect the flight of the bullet due to time to exit barrel and recoil.

According to the research opposite of what you might think:

Heavier bullet (135/147gr) - hitting high due to position of barrel during recoil and a slower moving bullet

Mid-Bullet (124/125gr) - should be right on...

Light-Bullet (115gr) - might be hitting low...

Soooooo MIDAS -- what are you shooting??

I am not convinced yet. I plan on hitting the range with 115, 124, and 135s all loaded for about 130-132 PF with TiteGroup and see what results I get ...

But... I will say that I DO like the sight picture I get with the TTI sights....(I have switched from the Warren/Sevig Comp sights)