Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Curling

sperman

NBC Sports Network decided that coverage of curling was more important than F1 qualifying (for the US grand prix, no less.)

Curling ran long, so their coverage of qualifying started late. About half way through Q2 they break for commercial, and when they come back they are interviewing the pole sitter. They had to end their qualifying coverage on time, so they could get back to more curling.

If anything, maybe they should've called all the F1 fans to let them know that it was happening.

:)

Last year's F1 race in Austin had over 100,000 attendees. I would be shocked to find out that a curling event in the US could get 1000 people to show up. But I could be wrong, I know nothing about curling.

You would think that they would at least have something like Biathalon (skiing and rifle shooting) on television. I want to know what network executive got bribed to put curling on television and how much it actually took to bribe them to do it. :surprise:

• 2 weeks later...

When i saw the thread title i thought it was about the weightlifting excercise. Curls for the girls! It burns so good. Ok nvm, curling the sport, i'm sure 99.9 % of Americans don't care about curling, and less then .1 percent even know what it is. Maybe NBC was getting paid a bunch to air it or something. Not sure how that stuff works.

Well while I don't know the rules I am at least familiar with the game. I grew up here in the Detroit area in the days of only 4 channels (CBS,NBC,ABC, and CBC). We didn't even get a TV that had UHF until the mid 70's.

Brian