Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Forearm Recommendations

Why1504

I am looking for a forearm that is 15 inches long, free float, and has a flat bottom. I don't want a quad rail. I would prefer a hand guard that is lightweight. This is going on a AR-15 with a 20 inch HBAR. I would like to be able to mount a Picatinny rail section out near the end for my bipod (Atlas).

My current forearm for this is rifle is round which is not well suited for shooting off of bags.

Please offer me some suggestions.

THANKS!!!

Is it easy to mount a rail section on the bottom of the Seekins? That looks exactly like what I want. BTW, I am normally not a big fan of bright colors on rifles but that red upper looks really nice.

Yes, it comes with them.

You can also order straight from Seekins. That's what I did, and it worked out fine. When I bought mine, no one had them in stock, and Seekins accepted a back order. I'm not totally sold on the flat bottom, it isn't really the advantage I thought it would be. It is different, looks good and is a quality product so I'm not unhappy with it.

I think primary arms has some of the seekins rails as well

I've personally been drooling over the seekins mcsr v2, seems to be quite a bit lighter than the sp3r v2

also, when you start putting stuff under the sp3r don't you lose the advantage of the flat bottom?

another one to make your decision a little more complicated:

if I had more money to spend I would try out the pri delta

http://www.precisionreflex.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=652086&CAT=4813

price is nearly double that of the seekins rails though

Edited by polymerfeelsweirdman

Flat bottom, flat sides, flat top, each flat transitions to the next via a perfect radius. I love mine...long before I picked them up as a sponsor. Puts your hand closer to the bore giving you a better NPA (point finger, point barrel) And nearly every prop at a match

has a surface that can be used better with a flat.

Flat bottom, flat sides, flat top, each flat transitions to the next via a perfect radius. I love mine...long before I picked them up as a sponsor. Puts your hand closer to the bore giving you a better NPA (point finger, point barrel) And nearly every prop at a match

has a surface that can be used better with a flat.

I'm with Mr. Kelley on this one. The Seekins handguard is awesome. I love mine.