Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New DD alpha ShotMaxx Timer

Ken_Bird

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There isn't one yet.

I use it during matches with the buzzer turned off. It captures everything except my draw time.

What are your settings when you use it during matches?

Can anyone explain the "auto start" function?

A Spy mode is coming, but mostly so you can time yourself during your run. As said above, you can get really close by turning the Beep OFF and tapping Start as soon as you hear the RO press their buzzer. I've found that you can be under a 10th of a second by doing that.

• 2 weeks later...

How do you set a custom delay? I have watched the video a bunch and it is talked about but not shown, I have played the all the buttons and I can not set a custom time delay. It toggles between 3.00 to random to 0.00.

• 2 weeks later...

How do you set a custom delay? I have watched the video a bunch and it is talked about but not shown, I have played the all the buttons and I can not set a custom time delay. It toggles between 3.00 to random to 0.00.

Press and hold the Set button when in Custom Delay to change delay time.

A Spy mode is coming, but mostly so you can time yourself during your run. As said above, you can get really close by turning the Beep OFF and tapping Start as soon as you hear the RO press their buzzer. I've found that you can be under a 10th of a second by doing that.

The True Spy Mode is available with the new firmware version.

I just placed my order at Shooters Connection. VERY excited to try it out. I was JUST about to place the other for the CED 700, when I saw the news about this bad boy coming out. Can't wait for it to get here!

Edit: for typo

Edited by RossF

We are working on our first application - training journal. Stay tuned :)

That's great news!

I have been thinking a training journal application that could track individual exercises would be really nice.

For the basic timer function I would love a portrait oriented view that instantly gives you the majority of the shots and splits in a string in near real time.

For example:

1.07 FS (first shot)

1.27 .20

1.60 .33

1.80 .20

2.00 .20

3.56 .56

Additional start button on the tablet would be nice as well.

Also, for those who were wondering this is sensitive enough that I can pick up the hammer fall from a dryfire draw if I set it to "airsoft" mode and turn the watch to the inside of my rist.

Is the "new" firmware version the one numbered "2912?" I think I updated to that firmware and I don't see a spy mode...

Is the "new" firmware version the one numbered "2912?" I think I updated to that firmware and I don't see a spy mode...

yes

We are working on our first application - training journal. Stay tuned :)

That is awesome Saul.

Will that enable me to pair up the timer to an IOS or android device and have the smartphone/tablet record multiple strings? I think this is an amazing training tool, but I really want to be able to record more than just the most recent string. Would love to be able to use the phones memory to record the strings so I can go back and see how things went over multiple stages, or multiple attempts at the same drill etc.

that would be heaven. :)

For example:

1.07 FS (first shot)

1.27 .20

1.60 .33

1.80 .20

2.00 .20

3.56 .56

Also an option to add a description of the drill you may be doing along with possibly adding repeat sessions of the same drill on different dates so that one can track progress.

Aslo an option to add custom drills in a set programme (e.g. three or four different drills per day or session) for both dry and live fire along with your current best par time for each drill.

One question from my side as I haev not seen it mentioned anywhere thus far ... Does the timer also show split times when you review your shots?

I am already saving for one ... :goof:

One question from my side as I haev not seen it mentioned anywhere thus far ... Does the timer also show split times when you review your shots?

Yes, It shows the first shot time then if you push the bottom button it will walk though all the split times.