Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New DD alpha ShotMaxx Timer

Ken_Bird

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got one of these for Christmas and have used it on two separate practice range outings. So far I have used it to ROing others and ROing myself and It works great!!! Both range sessions I went out with the battery at 100% and by the time I got home it was at 95%, so the battery is up to the task for quite a bit of use before the battery goes dead.

I am planning on using it this Saturday during a match to test out some of the other features, such as the stealth mode for tracking other shooters stage runs, and give it a good all day long normal ROing use. I will report back with how it worked out after the match day.

I got one of these for Christmas and have used it on two separate practice range outings. So far I have used it to ROing others and ROing myself and It works great!!! Both range sessions I went out with the battery at 100% and by the time I got home it was at 95%, so the battery is up to the task for quite a bit of use before the battery goes dead.

I am planning on using it this Saturday during a match to test out some of the other features, such as the stealth mode for tracking other shooters stage runs, and give it a good all day long normal ROing use. I will report back with how it worked out after the match day.

I used mine for two 3 hour range sessions with no problems. I looked at it 5-6 days later and it still had plenty of battery power. After about a week and a half, I had to re-charge the battery.

So yeah, very good matter life imho.

So I'm curious, has anyone tried using the accelerometer feature next to other people shooting. Does it actually work pretty well?

A friend of mine bought one and we practice mostly at an indoor facility. So far, no "false" pick-ups with the accelerometer turned on and it seems to work as advertised :-)

So I'm curious, has anyone tried using the accelerometer feature next to other people shooting. Does it actually work pretty well?

A friend of mine bought one and we practice mostly at an indoor facility. So far, no "false" pick-ups with the accelerometer turned on and it seems to work as advertised :-)

Yes, I have used it at a square indoor range and it works great!

I have used mine quite extensively in both practice and local matches. It works awesome. From a technology perspective I think it is great. The only negative I can see so far is the fairly soft plastic screen that covers the LCD. Mine is already showing scuffs and scratches from being at the range doing "Normal" stuff. Given the cheap price point of this watch/timer I can see why they used the watch case they did. Maybe they will come out with a more robust version in the future that has a rugged construction that would be resistant to scuffs, and scratches while being at the range?

I thought I heard Saul say on a video that they were offering a screen protector and rubber skin for it but I don't see it on DAA's sight. You could probably buy a bit of screen protector film for a cell phone and cut it to fit.

I have used mine quite extensively in both practice and local matches. It works awesome. From a technology perspective I think it is great. The only negative I can see so far is the fairly soft plastic screen that covers the LCD. Mine is already showing scuffs and scratches from being at the range doing "Normal" stuff. Given the cheap price point of this watch/timer I can see why they used the watch case they did. Maybe they will come out with a more robust version in the future that has a rugged construction that would be resistant to scuffs, and scratches while being at the range?

Cheap price point? Doesn't it cost more than other timers?

Cheap price point? Doesn't it cost more than other timers?

From a Cheap Price Point perspective I was talking about comparing it to high quality watches. If you want a high quality watch with scratch resistant glass, such as a sapphire crystal used for the glass, those are well in the $300 - $400 range.

As for the current price point of the Shotmaxx watch/timer, given its compact size, features, ability to upgrade and future feature expandability (Blue Tooth Syncing, Mobile App support, etc) it is WELL worth the price they are charging.

I have to agree it is worth what you have to pay for it. I did take a piece of clear film and put it over the display. When it gets dinged up I will just pull it off and put on another one.

I know the accelerometer works as I use it for Airsoft and it never misses a shot unless I shoot strong hand only and then it misses them all as I wear it on my support hand. That one feature is worth the price of admission to me. I had spent a lot trying to get a timer that would work well with Airsoft. First a 7000 airsoft model that worked OK most of the time. Then a stop plate and my 8000 that got the last shot all the time but I did not get splits. Now for about what the 7000 cost I have a timer that catches every shot.

My only gripe is the black background on the display and I have gotten used to that.

I bought mine and used it now for 3 weeks. All I can say is AWESOME. I come from the CED 8000 and big board for training. The only problem I have is that I wear the unit on my left wrist which means I need to start it with my right hand. By doing so, if I use a random start, I can not get my hand back into t a ready position quick enough to really be ready. So I just adjust the delay setting and use a fixed time. The beep is plenty loud enough and it works perfect.

Love mine.

I just got mine yesterday.

It seems like My first shot always counted 1.25sec, even my other timer says I'm shooting like.98 or 1.01...

Does anybody know anything about this? Please help!

I'm in Japan and shooting airsoft,BTW...

Edited by staro

It seems like My first shot always counted 1.25sec, even my other timer says I'm shooting like.98 or 1.01...

Increase the shot sensitivity. By default the shot sensitivity is setup for picking up live fire rounds, not quiet airsoft shots.

Don't bother

Increase the shot sensitivity. By default the shot sensitivity is setup for picking up live fire rounds, not quiet airsoft shots.

Don't bother, just set it to use the accelerometer. That works perfect for airsoft just don't expect it to pick up strong hand shots if you have it on your other hand.

Thanks guys.

Auto start: on.

Senser : airsoft

Filter :002

Pick up Microphone

I was trying to do reaction time practice

:Pistol aiming a target, safety off, ready to shoot. As soon as the beep goes I pull the trigger so it should be like .25 to .30

but the timer counts like .58...