Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New DD alpha ShotMaxx Timer

Ken_Bird

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used mine quite extensively in both practice and local matches. It works awesome. From a technology perspective I think it is great. The only negative I can see so far is the fairly soft plastic screen that covers the LCD. Mine is already showing scuffs and scratches from being at the range doing "Normal" stuff. Given the cheap price point of this watch/timer I can see why they used the watch case they did. Maybe they will come out with a more robust version in the future that has a rugged construction that would be resistant to scuffs, and scratches while being at the range?

We will soon release some cool looking silicone skins along with screen protectors. Keep an eye on our website.

I just got mine yesterday.

It seems like My first shot always counted 1.25sec, even my other timer says I'm shooting like.98 or 1.01...

Does anybody know anything about this? Please help!

I'm in Japan and shooting airsoft,BTW...

Please contact me directly, I think I know what the issue is (shooting while the timer beeps).

eli@doublealpha.biz

Thanks, Eli.

Thanks guys.

Auto start: on.

Senser : airsoft

Filter :002

Pick up Microphone

I was trying to do reaction time practice

:Pistol aiming a target, safety off, ready to shoot. As soon as the beep goes I pull the trigger so it should be like .25 to .30

but the timer counts like .58...

Reaction time does not work in Airsoft mode since the microphone is setup very sensitive - it will pick up its own beep so we had to disable recoding shots while the timer beeps.

Under the Mac heading on the website, the website shows PC Firmware Installation Guide - English. The link is dead, it goes nowhere for me. The Mac Firmware Zip File (version 2727) is a working link and I was able to download that file. Shown below is a copy and paste from the website and it shows the two links I am referring to.

Mac
PC Firmware Installation Guide - English
Mac Firmware Zip File (version 2724)

Edited by JMike

I believe that Eli just duplicated the links from the Windows version and pasted in for the Mac version on their website. The Mac version is very simple. Just un-zip the file. You can drag-and-drop the folder to a place like the Utilities folder inside of your Applications folder (or wherever you want to keep it). Run the BurnShotMaxx app, click on the "Browse" button and select the Firmware file and last press Update Firmware. I'm sure they will have an official install document soon. :)

I believe that Eli just duplicated the links from the Windows version and pasted in for the Mac version on their website. The Mac version is very simple. Just un-zip the file. You can drag-and-drop the folder to a place like the Utilities folder inside of your Applications folder (or wherever you want to keep it). Run the BurnShotMaxx app, click on the "Browse" button and select the Firmware file and last press Update Firmware. I'm sure they will have an official install document soon. :)

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!

Did as Adam said; click browse but there are no files to update the firmware that I can locate.

Currently they include the "ShotMaxxFW.txt" file in the folder when it un-zips. That is the file that you need to choose. You will have to navigate to wherever you have that file.

I would recommend putting the "ShotMaxx-MacOS" in your Utilities folder inside of the Applications folder (since it is a "utility"). In there you should have your "BurnShotMaxx" application and also any Firmware files. After clicking Browse you can drag-and-drop the Firmware file (in the Finder) to the Open dialog window and it should then be selected in the Open window (or you can navigate to it as normal). Then click "Open". You should then be ready to Update Firmware.

It is like updating applications on your computer. When they add new features (such as the new Spy mode in an upcoming version) or bug fixes, that will be in the Firmware updates. When you update an application on a computer it's called a "Software Update". When you update a piece of hardware it's called a "Firmware Update" (as it is actual piece of hardware that you are updating).

Good lord! All I have to do is lush a button on my pocket pro II ;)

I have timers that do that as well. None of them work for my Airsoft practice. I have learned a lot about getting in and out of positions, getting my target transition times down, etc without spending a lot of money using Airsoft. Without a timer that works on Airsoft I can't do it. This is the first one I have found that gets every shot, every time.

ok I got a question

is there any way to download the string from the shotmaxx to the pc?

as of now I write everything down in a log book.

or is this what the apps are for, that we dont have ?

Juan, the ShotMaxx is brand new and Double-Alpha is doing finishing touches on the latest versions of their Firmware. The API (software development tools) for Android and iOS are just about ready, so I'm sure that we will see a bunch of new apps soon!

My only issue so far is the display is pretty hard to read in anything but perfect light. The black background with white numbers looks cool but I would have much preferred white background with black numbers. I had to use the back light to read it unless I got directly under a light. Even with the backlight it was a little hard to read.

I find the display quite readable even outside. Nice looking too.

Eric

My only issue so far is the display is pretty hard to read in anything but perfect light. The black background with white numbers looks cool but I would have much preferred white background with black numbers. I had to use the back light to read it unless I got directly under a light. Even with the backlight it was a little hard to read.

I find the display quite readable even outside. Nice looking too.

Eric

I shoot inside a lot and that is where the display is an issue. Outside it is good.

ok I got a question

is there any way to download the string from the shotmaxx to the pc?

as of now I write everything down in a log book.

or is this what the apps are for, that we dont have ?

I would love to know this too. it's the one thing holding me back from buying one right now. I'm torn badly between a 7000pro and a shotmaxx. I like the wearability of the shotmaxx for training, but do want to record multiple strings so I can follow my progress. The fact that the shotmaxx only records one string is a real sticking point for me. I don't want to have to manually write down every string after I shoot it. I want them all saved so I can reveiw them later.

If there's a likelyhood that there will be an app that will enable the shotmax to send strings to an iphone and save them there then that would be great. otherwise I think I'll have to buy the 7000pro and live with a belt clip or armband...