Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New DD alpha ShotMaxx Timer

Ken_Bird

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's correct. You can only review up to 100 shots within the last string.

I am pretty sure timer does not store multiple strings, but that can be resolved with an external android/ios app... Stay tuned.

They show in stock this AM.

Glad you posted that, because I still haven't received an in-stock email from them! Thanks to your inside information, got my order processed this morning. Can't wait to get it!!!!!

No problem, I didn't get an email either. I can't wait to try it with the Airsoft gun. Currently I have to use a stop plate to get a time, and that limits my stage setup and I don't get splits.

I think Saul and the gang hit a home run on this one. I can think of a lot of ways to use it.

Hi guys,

My apologies, we have some technical problem on the website - it does not seem to be sending out the in-stock email notifications as it should. We are on the case.

The timers are BACK IN STOCK :)

And correct - the SHOTMAXX will hold a single string in memory, up to 100 shots. External apps will be able to retain any number of strings in memory as Eugene mentioned above. We are currently working on the last bits of the Bluetooth protocol and will be sending out the API to our developers.

Thanks,

Eli.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the post to move these orders from Europe to the US?

UPDATE: I ordered the ShotMaxx Timer on 14 November 2013 and received it today on 25 November 2013. So, only 11 days. Pretty quick in my view!

Shot some airsoft with it this am. Here are some notes:

The accelerometer gets the airsoft shots perfectly. I shot 200+ rounds and it did not miss one. I was using a CED 8000 with a stop plate so I was not getting split times. Having splits and the freedom to move my targets around without having to run the wire to the stop plate is perfect.

Setup and operation is very simple.

I would like a way to set up a minimum beep on the random setting.

My only issue so far is the display is pretty hard to read in anything but perfect light. The black background with white numbers looks cool but I would have much preferred white background with black numbers. I had to use the back light to read it unless I got directly under a light. Even with the backlight it was a little hard to read.

My only issue so far is the display is pretty hard to read in anything but perfect light. The black background with white numbers looks cool but I would have much preferred white background with black numbers. I had to use the back light to read it unless I got directly under a light. Even with the backlight it was a little hard to read.

this is the only reason i will not be getting one at this moment in time.lets hope they change to black numbers

this is the only reason i will not be getting one at this moment in time.lets hope they change to black numbers

I hope it does change but there is no other way to catch an airsoft gun as well as this timer does. For now I just have to deal with it being a little hard to read. I learned a lot in my first session getting good split times instead of only the total time I got with the CED 8000 and the stop plate.

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance of getting a brighter display or an upgrade to make the display a little more visible?

+1

I am happy I bought one but I would be quite a bit happier if the display was easier to read. Dim white characters on a black background is not optimum. The normal black characters on a white background would have been much better.