Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New DD alpha ShotMaxx Timer

Ken_Bird

It can still happen from time to time. What you need to do is set Send to Off. Plug the SM into a USB power source (charging) for at least 10 seconds. Unplug it and then try turning Send On. If it is still reversed, do it one more time, but usually one time does the trick.

did this twice and still no bueno?

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a bug. If the phone sees it when send is off, you Must reset it. You will not receive times unless it says Send On and the phone sees it.

One more thing. How are you sending data from the SM to your phone? Are you using an app? I have an iPhone but the app isn't out for that yet.

Thanks again

It is a bug. If the phone sees it when send is off, you Must reset it. You will not receive times unless it says Send On and the phone sees it.

One more thing. How are you sending data from the SM to your phone? Are you using an app? I have an iPhone but the app isn't out for that yet.

Thanks again

Steel Scoring (iPad) and ShotMaxx Trainer for iOS and Android. :goof:

SMT is "In Review" and should *hopefully* be available by tomorrow night at the latest (unless they reject it for some reason). Could even be later today. Who knows?!?!?! Sometimes Apple "reviews" stuff in one hour, sometimes it's 2 days. They are horrible as far as how long it take to review apps (more than 7 days!). Microsoft is about a 1/2 day and Google Play is a couple hours to "review" apps before putting on the store.

Guess I spoke too soon. No longer connected and wont connect again. Guess I need to e-mail tech support.

The best way to really "reset" the SM is to reflash it. Flash it again with the "Burn ShotMaxx" tool, using the most recent firmware (even if it is the same version you already have on it). After it has done that, it does a "hard" reset and things usually work very well after that.

Thanks again

Steel Scoring (iPad) and ShotMaxx Trainer for iOS and Android. :goof:

SMT is "In Review" and should *hopefully* be available by tomorrow night at the latest (unless they reject it for some reason). Could even be later today. Who knows?!?!?! Sometimes Apple "reviews" stuff in one hour, sometimes it's 2 days. They are horrible as far as how long it take to review apps (more than 7 days!). Microsoft is about a 1/2 day and Google Play is a couple hours to "review" apps before putting on the store.

Guess I spoke too soon. No longer connected and wont connect again. Guess I need to e-mail tech support.

The best way to really "reset" the SM is to reflash it. Flash it again with the "Burn ShotMaxx" tool, using the most recent firmware (even if it is the same version you already have on it). After it has done that, it does a "hard" reset and things usually work very well after that.

Okay thanks again. I did that with the burnshotmaxx tool but still experiencing this issue. I'm letting in charge now, when it's done I will flash it again and see what happens. I also sent an e-mail to Eli so we'll see.

Again my thanks.

Yeah, definitely allow it to charge for a 2 - 3 hours the first time you get it. I leave mine plugged in all the time and disconnect it just before going to the range, dry fire practice or working with it. You should also reboot your iOS device. The Bluetooth stack on that can get pretty messed up too.

Yeah, definitely allow it to charge for a 2 - 3 hours the first time you get it. I leave mine plugged in all the time and disconnect it just before going to the range, dry fire practice or working with it. You should also reboot your iOS device. The Bluetooth stack on that can get pretty messed up too.

I've noticed that you have to reboot Android devices too.

I've noticed that you have to reboot Android devices too.

Will do, thanks again guys!

Probably Monday. It appears that Apple's app review people do not work on Sundays, so if the "Review" was not completed by Saturday night, they put it off until Monday. :(

(ok, turns out they do work on Sundays! :) )

Edited by AdamM

I've had my Shotmaxx for a few months now and absolutely love it. However, recently I can't get the watch to beep in timer mode. I've tried changing the beep type and still will not make a sound. All the other functions still works but no sound. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what you did to fix it. Thanks for your help.

Confident they will fix the bugs. I got an e-mail from Eli yesterday at 3:00 EST which is quite late in the Netherlands in response to an e-mail I sent him. Waiting to hear back from him about what to do with the bluetooth issue. Not a big deal right now as there is no app for USPSA but hoping for a fix regardless.

I've had my Shotmaxx for a few months now and absolutely love it. However, recently I can't get the watch to beep in timer mode. I've tried changing the beep type and still will not make a sound. All the other functions still works but no sound. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what you did to fix it. Thanks for your help.

I've never had that problem. What I would suggest is trying to re-flash it with the "Burn ShotMaxx" app. That will completely reset it. If you set the Beep to Type 1 or 2 and it still doesn't beep after that, I think you might have a defective unit, will have to contact DAA and they will have to replace it for you.

Can't find it on the app store. I see it from the link you posted but from my phone there is nothing

They take a little bit to put out the "search" keywords on new apps. That is why I put up the directly link earlier. It looks like it is searchable now. :)

Can't find it on the app store. I see it from the link you posted but from my phone there is nothing

They take a little bit to put out the "search" keywords on new apps. That is why I put up the directly link earlier. It looks like it is searchable now. :)

I see it now, thanks. Gotta say I'm a bit reluctant to get the app when I don't have the Bluetooth connectivity figured out but good to see the app is there.

App looks interesting -- just downloaded it.

Are you planning on having a library of drills for it (as opposed to everybody manually putting in all of the usual drills ourselves :-) )?

Any support for setting up variations of drills? At the moment it looks like the only way to manage that is to enter each variant as a separate drill and distinguish them by their name (e.g. Bill Drill 7, Bill Drill 10, Bill Drill 25 for the bill drill done at different distances). Or is there something that I've missed?

Thanks!

I downloaded it an played with it a bit. Not bad. Of course, now I come up with a bunch of "good ideas."

Is there a plan to make it so that each shot will be downloaded as opposed to just the total time?

Also, is there the possibility that a person could create a drill or some other event on their computer and download it to the app?

Thanks,

Edited by wchangose