Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 Shooting Goals

B.J. Norris

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Work on the goals from 2004. That is, narrow my focus to one, two, well maybe three divisions. I am hopeless. Pick one and practice my butt. :lol:

1. Put on the second annual steel shoot.

2. Increase participation in our local club.

3. Help make a Wyoming State Championship match a reality.

4. Figure out how to shoot a freaking field course.

5. Be the RO when John Dunn makes Master. He deserves it. Making M that is, no one deserves me as an RO.

1. make CDP Master or 1st place CDP EX at the 2005 NE Regionals would be an acceptable consolation prize

2. move well into B Lim-10

3. make at least 2 major matches (regional championships or bigger)

4. take a USPSA RO class

5. stick to my dryfire schedule

6. get in better shape

- Gabe

Performance goals -

- Stick to my training plan during the off season.

- Call my hits with at least 80% reliability (in practice and matches.)

- Reliable 1.0sec draw in competition.

- Reliable 1.0sec reload in competition.

- Run the IDPA classifier in 85 seconds.

Competition goals -

- Win my division in at least one local USPSA match.

- Top 10 at the MD State IDPA Championship.

- Top 10 in my division at the Area 8 championships.

- Attend at least three major USPSA/3gun matches and shoot to the best of my ability.

- Chris

In no particular order:

- Work less and shoot more than I did this year. Practice time? What's that?

- Attend Area 1, finally, and place in the top 50% of my class.

- Help re-establish a local "bigger match" in the Inland Empire area.

- Shoot more 3-gun.

- Get back to a dry fire routine so Mr. Anderson's book doesn't just sit there and laugh at me all the time.

- Get my skills back up to "B" level and then make "A" Limited

1. Make A class in open and actullay shot A class percentages in major matches.

2. Bring a new person into the sport. I can't belive more people don't want to do this.

3. Get my local club to host an RO class.

4. Take the RO class.

5. Help out more at the local matches.

I had a great year shooting. I shot a few matches less than I had planned to, but I did shoot enough of the CCS Points Series Matches well enough to win C Production again. I shot the Crazy Croc, Columbia-Cascade Section Championship, and the Oregon Single-Stack Championship, in addition to numerous club matches at ARPC, one GSSF match and the GSSF Indoor series matches. In all aspects, I feel my shooting has improved a great deal this year, culminating in Sunday's performance where I actually shot stages as I planned to, and almost 2 classes higher than my current classification.

My goals for the coming year:

1) Earn A in Limited with my new STI.

2) Earn B in Production and Limited 10.

3) Shoot the Oregon Single-Stack Championship with a 1911 instead of a Glock.

4) Win a gun at a GSSF Match.

5) Get my 12 year old son out to shoot with me.

6) Shoot an entire major match without a brain fart.

7) Shoot at least 1 3-Gun match.

8) Shoot the Area 1 match in Montana.

Well I got 3 out of the 5 for 2004....

The 2 not accomplished were M in USPSA and IDPA

Missed M in IDPA by 3 seconds and had 5+ second brain fart.

started shooting R in USPSA with a 41% just barely in C class 12 months to the date... am sitting at 80%

So here are 2005 shooting goals:

M in IDPA and USPSA with Revolver (hopefully they won't change the classification process)

85% + of MR Miculek at Nationals or any other USPSA match we both shoot.

(boy that one needs work) <_<

Shoot offs at Nationals, Revolver division

Get Rid of about 30 pounds and keep them off....

MOST of All ..... KEEP having fun and enjoying meeting all the GREAT folks in our sport. :):):);)

Hopalong

This ends my first year participating at the GM level. In that time I've had the opportunity to tape targets across this country with the best in the sport. My performance while squadded with these superstars has been dismal. Next year, I hope I don't mentally lose to the current top-dogs before the buzzer sounds on the first stage.

This game is 90% mental. Our subconscious strives to drive our physical self down the learned path while our conscious thought and self-image form a powerful union that can either support or oppose our subconscious efforts.

In my case, this year was filled with shooting alongside guys that always win and my self image was well aware of it. It told me that from the time I signed up for the match until my last shot of the match that one of those guys are going to win.

What gives me hope is that I remember feeling the same way about local matches. There was a time when I felt I didn’t stand a chance of beating the dominant shooter. Then one day (June 1st 2003, I still remember) it happened. After that day my self-image told me that “you’re a guy who WINS local matches” That’s was a powerful thing. My self-image wasn’t attempting to derail my performance anymore.

After reviewing videos of this past years matches and realizing that the super-dogs aren’t doing anything other than just shooting relaxed and mostly mistake free, I hope next year’s self-image will be more harmonic with my learned skills.

Then there’s always ’06 :D

i've been competiting in production division since 2003 and i'll be shifting back to standard division once my new limited blaster comes back from the 'smiths. i hope to consistently finish in the top 30% by mid-year and top 10% by the end of the year!