Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primary Arms 1-6 Scope

Alaskapopo

The "3 Gun Stuff" lever that I ordered with my Primary Arms 1-6 is a cheap piece of shit plastic that broke during installation tonight

As for the scope, although it was wrapped in bubble wrap, it rolled out of the USPS Priority Mail box when I opened it. The actual scope box was a broken mess.

So far, I'm not impressed...and i haven't been to the range yet.

If it was broken in shipping that is a shipping problem not a scope one. As for the three gun stuff lever did you follow the directions?

Pat

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "3 Gun Stuff" lever that I ordered with my Primary Arms 1-6 is a cheap piece of shit plastic that broke during installation tonight

As for the scope, although it was wrapped in bubble wrap, it rolled out of the USPS Priority Mail box when I opened it. The actual scope box was a broken mess.

If it was broken in shipping that is a shipping problem not a scope one. As for the three gun stuff lever did you follow the directions?

Pat

There are no directions for the lever. It's in small zip-lock bag with a 3Gun Stuff business card. Written on the back of the card in black marker is 'PA 1-6". The install is straight forward - remove the screw, flex the lever ring slightly to fit over the end of the scope, position over the mag ring, insert & tighten screw. The lever ring was a tight fit on the mag ring, and while tightening the screw, the ring broke. Like I said - cheap plastic shit.

Edit to add: the lever ring measures 1.6" ID, the scope mag ring is 1.655" OD. The interference of.055" is too much.

It would be a shipping problem if the outer USPS shipping box was damaged - it was not. Someone dropped a damaged scope box in the shipping box. The scope itself does not appear damaged.

Edited by pmt

Pat

There are no directions for the lever. It's in small zip-lock bag with a 3Gun Stuff business card. Written on the back of the card in black marker is 'PA 1-6". The install is straight forward - remove the screw, flex the lever ring slightly to fit over the end of the scope, position over the mag ring, insert & tighten screw. The lever ring was a tight fit on the mag ring, and while tightening the screw, the ring broke. Like I said - cheap plastic shit.

Edit to add: the lever ring measures 1.6" ID, the scope mag ring is 1.655" OD. The interference of.055" is too much.

It would be a shipping problem if the outer USPS shipping box was damaged - it was not. Someone dropped a damaged scope box in the shipping box. The scope itself does not appear damaged.

Well I have several of 3 gun stuffs throw levers and have had no issues. Feel bad for you having yours. Contact Chris before you make a stink I am sure he will take care of you.

Pat

Pat

PM Sent.

Update:

I was disappointed that the scope lever was polymer. There is no indication of this on the PA website 1- 6 scope page - only on the page showing all of the levers.

Chris (3Gun Stuff) has contacted me and offered to send a replacement.

Update:

I was disappointed that the scope lever was polymer. There is no indication of this on the PA website 1- 6 scope page - only on the page showing all of the levers.

Chris (3Gun Stuff) has contacted me and offered to send a replacement.

I have added polymer to the description. Sorry for the confusion and hassle of the broken lever.

Marshall Lerner

CEO

Primary Arms, LLC

marshall@primaryarms.com

I try and spend most of my money with Primary Arms since they are local. I've been happy with them for years now. They guy that works the counter knows me as the fat Chinese 3 gunner

Will you have the PA 1-6x scope on your gun next month at Impact?

If so, I'd like to see it in action.

Bill (the fat old guy with a beard)

I try and spend most of my money with Primary Arms since they are local. I've been happy with them for years now. They guy that works the counter knows me as the fat Chinese 3 gunner

Will you have the PA 1-6x scope on your gun next month at Impact?

If so, I'd like to see it in action.

Bill (the fat old guy with a beard)

No I just picked up a SWFA 1-6. I couldn't pass it up for the price. I wonder if Marshall would give me a discount to demo it out at Impact

I wonder if Marshall would give me a discount to demo it out at Impact

That works for me. I'd like to see one of these in use before I put up the dollars.

Everyone is very complementary of this scope but I'm a little skeptical. Hard to believe a $250 scope can handle the rigors and requirements of 3 Gun. But I keep hoping.

Bill

I just got mine in and it looks OK. I have not mounted it on a gun but did install the throw-lever (what a pain) and put the scope in the "deluxe" base/rings combo. Like some here, I had to screw the eye-piece waaaaay out to focus but I will see after I actually get it mounted and adjusted. I wish the throw-lever came with a little longer screw. Even pinching the lever with pliers I could not get the screw to start. I had to slide the lever forward off the ring, start the screw, and then tap/beat/monkey the throw lever back onto the ring and then tighten the screw. It fits and looks great now and should be fine. Maybe I should have warmed it in some boiling water before trying to install it?

I wonder if Marshall would give me a discount to demo it out at Impact

That works for me. I'd like to see one of these in use before I put up the dollars.

Everyone is very complementary of this scope but I'm a little skeptical. Hard to believe a $250 scope can handle the rigors and requirements of 3 Gun. But I keep hoping.

Bill

Most people I see are using for their backup rifles. I need to move some stuff and I'll prob put one on my 9mm AR that I shoot at a local match. You'd have to a yr to really see what happens with the scope

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those that may have used both, would you recommend one of these or a Tac30 for a 3Gun newbie? I am trying to get all my equipment and such with plans to venture into 3Gun competitions this year. I want to add an optic for sure. I've been thinking and planning for a Tac30, but I intermittently see and think about one of the Primary Arms ones too. I've got a couple of their micro dot sights and they have been flawless. PA's customer service has always been top notch and Marshall is always quick to respond if you have questions. My biggest concern is reports I've read about the PA not really having daytime visible illumination, but not sure if i should really worry about that or not.

For those that may have used both, would you recommend one of these or a Tac30 for a 3Gun newbie? I am trying to get all my equipment and such with plans to venture into 3Gun competitions this year. I want to add an optic for sure. I've been thinking and planning for a Tac30, but I intermittently see and think about one of the Primary Arms ones too. I've got a couple of their micro dot sights and they have been flawless. PA's customer service has always been top notch and Marshall is always quick to respond if you have questions. My biggest concern is reports I've read about the PA not really having daytime visible illumination, but not sure if i should really worry about that or not.

I've used an MTAC (basically an improved Tac30), a Burris XTR 1-4 and now have the PA 1-6. I don't worry about illumination. A lot of the matches I go to have steel beyond 300 yards. The PA 1-6 is great for that. Not bad for hosing at 1x either.

I don't buy optics that don't come with a lifetime warranty

Then you don't buy a lot of high dollar optics like Swarovski either, which comes with a 5 year warranty. Just because something does not have a life time warranty does not mean its not worth buying. But to each his own.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

Still out of stock! You would think a company would crank up production when they see how popular their product is.

They are in the process of improving a few things like glass quality on the new 1-6 so that is the reason for the delay. Marshall says to watch for it at the Shot Show.

Pat

• 2 weeks later...