Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primary Arms 1-6 Scope

Alaskapopo

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got email notification that they got only a few of these in stock. I've been waiting since X-mas! I've ordered mine, y'all better get yours before they run out of stock.

They were OOS in like an hour!!! I work nights so when I woke up and saw the in stock email I ran over and tried to order but they were already gone :(

Mine's on the way. It's worth a try

can you post a pic of the reticle when your scope arrives? Have seen the pictures on primary arms sight, keen to see what it actually looks like against a target field (or any real world background). Thanks!

Mine is being delivered today and I expect to get it zeroed this weekend. It is going to live on my light 3-Gun rifle (pinned 14.5" Rainier UltraMatch w/ an SJC Titan).

Got mine today as well, waiting for the mount, it will be here tomorrow.

Compared to my Burris Tac 30 1-4 - Burris has better glass, PA has a better reticle & and better illumination settings (Burris is so bad it basically doesn't work)

The zoom is opposite Burris zooms clockwise, PA - counter CW , don't know which I prefer.

Tomorrow will be sight-in, testing day.

Edited by toothandnail

It will be interesting and informative to see/hear/read how the newest ones stack up to the competition. I am pretty sure I want one and will appreciate all the information possible on the various "road tests" !!

Compared to Gen 1, here are my first impressions. No shooting yet, just mounting it and looking through it.

Longer eye relief and better eyebox. Reticle seems to be quite a bit brighter. Focus ring is much better than the original. The matte finish is very nice, and the fit and finish on the controls seems very good.

Now all I have to do is shoot it! :)

I agree. Better quality all around. Illumination is actually daylight bright now. Field of view is a little better as well. Can't beat it for the money.

Eye relief is 4 to 4.5 inches. I am actually mounting it so the eyepiece is flush with the rearmost rail notch, rather than flush with the back of the receiver as I did on the Gen 1.

Is there a way to tell between the 1st gen and 2nd gen? If I buy one used I want to know Im not getting the 1st gen

The Gen 2 has a matte black finish and, I think, lower profile turrets. The Gen 1 was typical shiny black aluminum.