Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifier Updates

Strick

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The USPSA website does NOT say they are delaying the processing of the September update. They are delaying POSTING the September update. At least that is what it says in black and white.

September classification update

Please note that USPSA is following its standard practice of not posting the September classification update until after the Open/Limited/Limited 10 Nationals are over. As was stated on the slot forms, USPSA is using the August classifications for these matches. To eliminate confusion as to what classes are current during the matches, USPSA does not post the September update until the matches are finished.

It seems to me, and I may be wrong, that Mr. President sort of blew off the question.

Is the classifier update delayed for S.S. or Revo nationals? Not that I know of. Guess that means the other divisions are special or different some way. Or maybe the less amount of shooters in those divisions are not deemed good enough to be treated the same way as the "named" shooters. Delay if you have to, but at least delay it for all nationals. Make it the same for all paying members.

Is the classifier update delayed for S.S. or Revo nationals? Not that I know of.

I seem to remember threads this spring talking about the update being delayed until after the single stack nationals. I'm pretty sure they've followed the same policy in May for the last couple of years.

They do not delay during ss nats and now revolver because USPSA office does not do any of the paperwork or anything really with these nationals

It is simply an antiquated business model, workload on office staff issue

It is a "we do it this way because that is what we have done"

Just my opinion on this but current and prior president were /are at classification where they were not trying to move up. Current and past executive directors probably are not watching to see if their last classifiers are getting them bumped. I love Val, she is great but probably not waiting to she if she gets her bump this month and the same probably be said about most of the office staff . Not that they do not care just a different priority this time of year

The match ended Sunday. The staff probably traveled on Monday. They've been out of town for over a week. I know I would be spending a day or two at home before rushing into the office if work sent me on a trip like that. Once they do get back to the office, they probably have a few things to get caught up on before they run the update. I'm sure they will get the update posted soon, but don't be surprised if it takes a few more days.

I think I am now officially one of the most average USPSA Production shooters around since I went from unclassified to a 50.03 C shooter. :) So if you want to see what the USPSA folks consider to be the statistically average USPSA Production shooter, I'm your man. :)

It was run. The awesome part is the 95% I shot in august bumped out an older 100%.

Is that what you expected to happen, or was there a timing issue that occurred?

Looks expected.

That's what I was thinking too. I wasn't sure if Brian was just complaining about his 100% getting bumped or if there was something else going on.

I wish they would have postponed it until after the Production Nationals. I got bumped to A 4 days before the State Sectional and 2 weeks before the Nationals. :cheers:

I just wish I shot field courses as well as I shot El Prez variations. (I know, I could if I practiced.) :)

I wish they would have postponed it until after the Production Nationals. I got bumped to A 4 days before the State Sectional and 2 weeks before the Nationals. :cheers:

I just wish I shot field courses as well as I shot El Prez variations. (I know, I could if I practiced.) :)

1 more B Class shooter out of my way. Now can someone get them to bump Jesse Tischauser to Master? The guy wins Double Tap 2 years in a row in Hider L-10 and B class in production...

It was run. The awesome part is the 95% I shot in august bumped out an older 100%.

Since it is always seems like a crap shoot on when a classifier will get dumped, that 100% being dropped was unexpected. Of course I also figured Area 4 would have been included since that shot prior to Sep 10th.

Looks expected.

That's what I was thinking too. I wasn't sure if Brian was just complaining about his 100% getting bumped or if there was something else going on.

I just never know what my classification percentage is going to be until posted. Part of that problem is local clubs around here not submitting stuff or doing it late. Dropping the 100% was not expected, it is no big deal just wasn't expecting it.

I am in no hurry to make GM, when it happens it happens.................surely don't need to rush it. :surprise:

So you'd rather sandbag in B rather than at your actual skill level? I admit, I don't understand the whole concept of class awards in the first place, but I *really* don't understand wanting to use a technicality to stay in a lower class for a big match even tho you have shot the classifiers to upgrade.

50th overall at nationals is more meaningful than first place in C class.

So you'd rather sandbag in B rather than at your actual skill level? I admit, I don't understand the whole concept of class awards in the first place, but I *really* don't understand wanting to use a technicality to stay in a lower class for a big match even tho you have shot the classifiers to upgrade.

50th overall at nationals is more meaningful than first place in C class.

First, you don't know me. I take great offense in being called a sandbagger. I've never shot anything less than my best on any given classifier. (That's not to say I haven't tanked my fair share, but I was always attempting to do my best.) If I wanted to remain in B class, it would be very easy to do.

If major matches chose to only give awards based on finishing order, I would have no problem with that. Since they have decided to recognize class winners, why would I not want to take home that award and any prizes that go along with it? The guy who wins B is going to have a pretty decent finish in the match, relatively speaking.

In my experience, the guy who wins B/C/D (maybe even M and A) are either right on the verge of getting bumped to the next higher class, or are cheating sandbaggers. For those that are following the rules, it is a bit of luck when the match falls, when they shoot good classifiers, and when USPSA runs the update. Someone mentioned in another thread that a shooter won their class, but would have been bumped if the update had been run before the match. Is that the shooters fault? They didn't call up Val and say "hold off on the update. I think I have a chance to win my class at nationals." Should they give the award back because USPSA delayed the update until after the match?