Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best race style holster for STI EDGE?

G34 CORDY

Another vote for the DAA Racemaster. Smooth draw but rock solid retention with the lock on. Even without the lock engaged retention is good. If changeable inserts is not an issue then the cheaper Racer model is an option. Personally I dont mind the extra cost for the nicer aluminum body of the RM.

Used to use a CR Speed; draw was quick but the holster is not very secure. Always felt the gun was ready to fall out even with the lock engaged.

+1 for DAA. Transitioned from a CR Speed WSM II for my XDM. I did not care how it fit in the holster, felt very insecure and had too much movement when locked in. The Race Master is really secure, no play what-so-ever and very adjustable.

I use a DAA Race Master, but I don't think it's any faster for me than a Bladetech DOH. It is highly adjustable so you can get the angle to exactly where your hand drops down, but like anything, you can probably adapt pretty quickly to an almost perfect angle as well.

Lester

Another hearty vote for the racemaster here, though I will add that if running 3gun matches the racemaster might make me nervous. Been thinking of picking up a blade tech for MG.

-424D57