Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best non-1911 gun for CDP

DrLove

It all depends on what you like and what you shoot well? Do you like plastic or steel guns? Do you like single action, DA/SA or safe action? There are many good guns out there only you can decide what is best for you. Depending on what you like it would be hard to go wrong with any of plastic guns (Glock, Xd, M+P) the Tanfoglios and CZs are also great guns. Also not knowing what you don't like about 1911s you may like a 2011

All are good choices, only you can decide what is best for you.

Mike

Guys, what do you think is the best non-1911 for CDP?

I'll be the first to say what must be said.

Treacherous, vile scum!

Next, Sig 220 keeps the faith...kinda. Better to just shoot ESP with a BHP to honor JMB.

M&P .45 or XD 5.25" would be most sporty.

I gotta ask why anyone would be interested in a non-1911 for a limited-capacity division. I've had an M&P, and I have several cz's (not 97s), and i find the 1911 to be easier to shoot accurately and quickly, so that's what I use for cdp and L10.

I gotta ask why anyone would be interested in a non-1911 for a limited-capacity division. I've had an M&P, and I have several cz's (not 97s), and i find the 1911 to be easier to shoot accurately and quickly, so that's what I use for cdp and L10.

My M&P45 is at LEAST as accurate as any 1911 I've ever owned, and has a trigger that's better than most of them. The double-stack angled mags make for an easier reload, and I get the same feel/controls as my SSP and ESP guns. The ONLY "disadvantage" I can see is the weight of the gun. The frame of the M&P soaks up recoil really well, so that's pretty much a wash anyway.

I've been thinking about getting a 97 for CDP, but I shoot a 75 shadow is ESP. Can the 97 start cocked and locked, or do you have to start DA?

Either cocked and locked with safety on or hammer down and safety off. Rule 8.2.3.1 .6.2