Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

scoped division for IDPA?

DrLove

From the new rule book.

8.2.7.2. IDPA allows clubs to add a “Not for Competition” scoring division for Tier 1 matches only. This allows calibers smaller than 9mm, carry optics, and other pistols which do not fit into the 5 competition divisions to participate in local club matches.

From the new rule book.

8.2.7.2. IDPA allows clubs to add a “Not for Competition” scoring division for Tier 1 matches only. This allows calibers smaller than 9mm, carry optics, and other pistols which do not fit into the 5 competition divisions to participate in local club matches.

And this is left up to the RM.

folks, I've been hearing about this for a while now that they will be adding sort of a scoped (red dot, etc.) division for IDPA is it just a rumor?

u obviously do not know who started idpa

all were fed up with sspas and like disciplkines. all had been heavily involved and went elswhere. do ur home work and it will be obvious that its not goanna happen as long as the people who started it are invlived

NEWBIES LIKE

b. wilson

ken hackathorn

l.a.v.

rob leatham

i was at the inaugural in mo as a close friend of t.d.l. its not gonna happen i can believe.

ask anyone what they think

i dont think joyce wilson will do anything bill does not approve. and that ain't it.

jjw

p.s. if those names are not familar to u then u need to read a LOT of gun history

l.o.l.

If you want to shot red dot, why not USPSA?

Because any optic gun that fits in my inside-waist band, is not going to be very competitive in open.

folks, I've been hearing about this for a while now that they will be adding sort of a scoped (red dot, etc.) division for IDPA is it just a rumor?

u obviously do not know who started idpa

all were fed up with sspas and like disciplkines. all had been heavily involved and went elswhere. do ur home work and it will be obvious that its not goanna happen as long as the people who started it are invlived

NEWBIES LIKE

b. wilson

ken hackathorn

l.a.v.

rob leatham

i was at the inaugural in mo as a close friend of t.d.l. its not gonna happen i can believe.

ask anyone what they think

i dont think joyce wilson will do anything bill does not approve. and that ain't it.

jjw

p.s. if those names are not familar to u then u need to read a LOT of gun history

l.o.l.

You have been away for a while. You should look at some more recent history.

Yes Optic gun in IDPA ARE LEGAL to compete with starting October 1st. 2013. Local clubs can figure out what works for them. I imagine once the bugs are worked out we may see a more specific division if there is a demand. Not to many optic carry guns that "fit in the box" out there right now. Oh an .22lr legal October 1st.

New Rule book posted here.

If you want to shot red dot, why not USPSA?

Because if you carry a RDS on a handgun for duty/defense it makes more sense to wanna shoot it in IDPA stages than in practical pistol stages.

OK. That make sense to me!

Sweet. Loving the rules for the new 'Non-Comp' class. Great for shits and giggles with an SD gun that may not otherwise fit in any of the other divisions.

May be mistaken, but I think a 4" sight tracker with RDS would fit in the new class.

You need to remember this is only for local club matches and the most you can "win" is a printed piece of paper.

It we counted wood as a piece of paper, that's all you can win at any IDPA match by how well you shoot.

I think laser sights would still be problematic since rule 5.3 would still be in effect for the Not-For-Competition division.

5.3. Any target engaged with the use of an active laser or weapon-mounted light will incur one (1) PE for each target using an active laser or weapon-mounted light.

• 2 weeks later...

I have crimson trace lasers on all of my carry guns. It doesn't make them any less useful or practical and the lasers have never failed to function.

When the targets are cardboard or steel plates I actually shoot better with sights but I'm convinced that in a complicated real defensive situation that requires intense target focus especially in dim light that I will be better if I have an aiming point that is projected to where I will naturally be focused.

If your looking for a tiny red dot in sun light, from the back of the berm, all the way to the target, you might be better off looking at the bullet holes. The only thing I use lasers for is shooting varmints around the house after dark.

• 2 weeks later...