Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

matchsaverz on a versamax?

Can I see a pic of a match saver shell holder on your versamax? Far as loading your last shot, if that don't do it cause you miss. Add another on other side or just go to the belt for the shell?

Is there room on the versamax too add one or 2 on there? Pics??? Thanks

Yea I added one right in the groove on the handguard. Allows shell to come right back into chamber. I just used blue PVC pipe from hardware store. Same thing and got 5 feet for 2.49. Cut it with snips and sanded.

Ordered it got it. Sharp edges filed some off so I don't slice my finger. Velcrod to gun.... and not going to use it. Gets in my way when i flip the gun to load. Not for me and my gun. I'll toss it in the drawer. Buddy said same thing i ordered one for him and his M1 he don't like either. Food for thought....

• 1 month later...

matchsaverz website says shipping is "economy, 3 to 5 weeks" for $3.50

is that really how long it takes to mail a little piece of plastic?

Nordic wants $8.50 to ship one. :(

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered it got it. Sharp edges filed some off so I don't slice my finger. Velcrod to gun.... and not going to use it. Gets in my way when i flip the gun to load. Not for me and my gun. I'll toss it in the drawer. Buddy said same thing i ordered one for him and his M1 he don't like either. Food for thought....

Ate the food, thought about it and still love mine. Sorry it did not pull your trigger.

I really like mine on the versa max, saved my butt many times, yeah it seems a bit pricey for a piece of plastic and shipping but by the time I drive to the hardware store, buy the right size pvc, cut it , shape it, make it mountable etc....I think i'm money ahead buying the match saverz and it works well for me. I started doing the load 2 strong hand it doesn't interfere at all -

Edited by Bradgsxr

Created a 3D model that I had a co-worker print on her 3D printer at home.

Haven't tested them out yet in match conditions (or long-term), other than playing around in the garage. They held up to 2 foot drop tests on a work table with the shells staying held in, as well as a couple 4 foot drops onto concrete. Just have to see if they hold up to being thrown in barrels, etc.

Got some buddies giving them a shot also, so we'll see if they hold up I suppose.

post-25162-0-02368600-1378308949_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

I really like mine on the versa max, saved my butt many times, yeah it seems a bit pricey for a piece of plastic and shipping but by the time I drive to the hardware store, buy the right size pvc, cut it , shape it, make it mountable etc....I think i'm money ahead buying the match saverz and it works well for me. I started doing the load 2 strong hand it doesn't interfere at all -

I hear ya....I did the same thing....5' of PEX pipe is less than the price of one I'm thinking...then 2 hours of reverse R&D, fitting, check, making another one that hold tighter....buying one with all that already worked out is much more cost effective.

I hear ya....I did the same thing....5' of PEX pipe is less than the price of one I'm thinking...then 2 hours of reverse R&D, fitting, check, making another one that hold tighter....buying one with all that already worked out is much more cost effective.

+1 more on that. Plus what my time is worth.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually shot a round of sporting clays using one on my versamax. One shell loaded and one on the match saver shooting report pair. Highbrow shooters couldn't figure out what I was doing and why I had such an ugly gun on their course but it was damn good practice and I only fumbles one shell on the lmatch saver load.

We issued 2 DQs this week when an empty shotgun with a locked back bolt ended up with a shell on the carrier and one missing from the match saver. On video we could see the edge of the barrel pushed the shell into the open port while being dumped.

We issued 2 DQs this week when an empty shotgun with a locked back bolt ended up with a shell on the carrier and one missing from the match saver. On video we could see the edge of the barrel pushed the shell into the open port while being dumped.

Did these people still call them Matchsavers?

Sorry, I couldn't resist the temptation. I used to have a 2 shell holder on the forearm of my M1, but decided that I like it slick, so I took it off. Now, I just try not to run it dry.

Hurley

I can get the gun to shoot in about 1 sec from the time it is dry using a match saver. With that said... It caused a jam on my benelli when the loaded shell got in the way of the empty case that was trying to be ejected... During FNH. It will be removed.