Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GLOCK BASEPADS

hdgun

I have at least one of all of them and so far for the 140mm base pads I like the Dawsons because of the extra weight that it has over the rest. For 170mm I only know of tayor freelance that makes them and there good I just don't like the fort knoks retainer system because it makes taking them apart to clean a chore.

I also use the Arredondo basepads and I really like them. I get 20 in my .40 cal mags with zero problems. The Taylor Freelance +10 extension is also very good. My G17 NDF mag wears one and gets an easy 28 rounds.

-ld

I have used a Dawson pad on my #1 mag for a while now (probably 2yrs.). The metal to plastic hasn't proved to be a problem. Plus, I like that the mag (pad) that falls out of my gun is made of metal...it takes a beating and keeps on running.

I use the +1 follows from Handgunner Outlet and I get an easy 20 +1 rounds (without pushing it).

I trust this setup enough that I went to Dawson's tent while at the Nationals. I bought another one to put on my #2 mag...and used it for the whole match.

There is nothing that is easier to take apart for cleaning. I think they are on sale now for $30.

• 1 month later...
I use the +1 follows from Handgunner Outlet and I get an easy 20 +1 rounds (without pushing it).

Flex, did you have to cut back the spring from Dawson's to make 20 fit easily?

And did you go to with the Novak follower to make 20, or to make 20 easier?

Thanks... Dave

• 1 month later...

i just bought two tf 170 extensions for my glock 22 mags, one will take 22 but the other feels locked solid with twentyin it. anybody have this happen, i took it apart and cant find anything wrong. im thinking the spring is binding and stacking on itself

any thoughts???

• 3 weeks later...

I recently picked up 6 Aredondo +5/6 extensions, 20rds are easy to load..

(took me awhile to figure out how to put them on...)

FYI:

Followers aren't all the same, my LEO marked mags have a follower that has a hole in the underside that the spring inserts into while the newer 4th Gen mags has the follower just sitting on top of the springs which doesn't fit too well on the Arredondo springs. I think my 10rd mags had the "retained" follower.

• 5 months later...

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I have just two questions.

I'm considering converting my G35 to a Limited gun using a NHO magwell and either Dawson or Arredondo mag extensions.

Do the Dawson pads come with mag springs? If not the Arredondo looks like the better deal at $35 since it comes with the extra length spring. I know both claim 20 round capacity, but which is easier to get to 20?

splashdown

I have 6 Dawson's... Yes, they come with mag springs. I love the easy disassembly. Smooth aluminum, so metal to plastic will not be a concern.

Do yourself a favor and remove the plastic "ear" off the mag body with a single edge razor blade...

I just got 4 from ShootersConnection.com myself and I am very pleased with them. They assemble very easily and the weight help drag the mag out. I get 20+1 in all of mine now but that was not the case with new mags and #6 followers. I hope the mag issues get solved because I wanted new mags but I won't get any until that is sorted out. I have a THE magwell and they fit great in there too.

• 4 weeks later...