Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Captured Terrorist

JimmyZip

Handful? I doubt it. One court-appointed attorney? Perhaps.

Not sure what point you're really trying to make, unless your intention was to convey your general bigotry toward lawyers.

Apparently, you've never needed an attorney to defend your legal rights.

Rudeness toward my profession seems to be one area where rudeness is tolerated here on BE.

Handful? I doubt it. One court-appointed attorney? Perhaps.

Not sure what point you're really trying to make, unless your intention was to convey your general bigotry toward lawyers.

Apparently, you've never needed an attorney to defend your legal rights.

Rudeness toward my profession seems to be one area where rudeness is tolerated here on BE.

Out of three words, handful of attorneys, you can extrapolate all of that? I meant no disrespect to you profession with my original post but when you leap to that asinine conclusion you put yourself into the catagory you created above.

Pat

There was nothing "asinine" about my conclusion. Your comment was obviously meant to disparage an entire group of people--most of whom take their professional responsibilities seriously and conduct themselves honorably.

What do you do for a living, Pat?

I hope he has a whole fleet of attorney's defending him. That way, when they stick the needle in his arm, he will know that the US Justice system afforded him every opportunity to prove his innocence. If he was still in Chechnya he would probably be dead already.

I think this answers the outstanding question:

"BOSTON (Reuters) - The Federal Public Defender Office said Saturday it will represent Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings, once charges are filed."

I agree. We are still the United States and we will uphold the rights of all her citizens.Many of our brothers and sisters have died to uphold this sacred trust. Give this guy a fair trial and a fair judgement and a fair funeral.

I see him as a terrorist, and as such he should be under a military court.

Jim

Interestingly enough, the Russians agree with you. One of the areas that most of the terrorist Extremist activities happened in was in Chechnia.

Wikipedia on Terrorism in Russia.

Threat of Islamic terrorism

Contemporary Russia

Further information:islamist terrorism is considered a major threat to the security of the nation[10] with most terrorist activity taking place in Chechnya and Dagestan. The Russian government has banned seventeen terrorist organizations; the Highest Military Majlisul Shura of the United Forces of the Mujahedeen of the Caucasus, the Congress of the Peoples of Ichkeria and Daghestan, Al Qaeda, Asbat an-Ansar, Egyptian Islamic Jihad, Al-Jamaa al-Islami, Jamaat-e-Islami, Muslim Brotherhood, Hizb ut-Tahrir, Lashkar-e-Toiba, Taliban, Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan, Society of Social Reforms (Jamiat al-

Disagrees with what the uncle said. “It has nothing to do with Russia, (or) with Chechnya, which he had nothing to do with,’’ Tsarni said. “It started here.”

If it started here, than he is a murdering ba$tard citizen. If it connects to Chechnia, than he is a murdering ba$tard terrorist .I do hope the rope is made in the USA.

Sorry, but after Newtown I have zero tolerence for murdering ba$tards of any kind.

Jim

+1. he's a citizen in name only.

He sure ain't a citizen in my book. He was born in a country where the mass scale slaughter of civilians (including school children) is an accepted practice to achieve terrorist ends. he may have come to my country and got some fool to give him citizenship, but he brought his religion, values and morality from some place else.

maybe this is a "teachable moment" for all of those who think we need free immigration......

Edited by bountyhunter

Jim

The smart money is to try him civilian, give him all his constitutional rights, then execute him so that the lunatics who support him can't claim he was railroaded by some drum head court. His mother is already screaming that her sons were "framed".

The smart money is to try him civilian, give him all his constitutional rights, then execute him so that the lunatics who support him can't claim he was railroaded by some drum head court. His mother is already screaming that her sons were "framed".

I agree completely, and I suspect that is exactly what will eventually happen.

We are better off taking the high road, and let justice prevail.

It doesn't matter how they try him, civilian or military court, or what they do to him. Not to the supporters of terrorism. They will see whatever happens as further justification of violence. The most fair trial and resolution won't matter. He'll either be a martyr or it will be a sign we are weak. And it will likely drag on into the next presidency, or at least the next election. I don't see this finishing in less than 3-4 years.

Everyone always wants to shred the Constitution when it suits their own purposes, and they don't even see the irony. "I see him as a terrorist, and he should be treated accordingly." lol.

How about this - if you want people to respect the 2nd Amendment, how about you respect the 5th?

But yeah, I'm thrilled they caught the guy, and I hope the subsequent investigation prior to his trial uncovers others before they have a chance to act.

Grant him every legal right. Grant him a great attorney. Give him a thorough trial. Present all evidence. Go by our constitution which lives have been lost to protect.

Then if he is found guilty....put him down.

No appeals. No crap. Just done.