Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Area 3 Hornady Championship

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking at the stages, Ben won because he was very consistent. Zero Mikes and six Deltas, with good times makes you tough to beat. Looking at some of the stage times it was that accuracy that won it for him. He may not have been the quickest, but he was the more accurate while only losing a few fractions of a second.

Tori Nonaka had video posted to liveshots.net on friday night yet her totals weren't complete until sunday.

She shot on Saturday and Sunday so any video of her on Friday could not have happened.

I didn't think there were really any 180 traps or anything like that but 18 is a lot. In talking with the ROs during the match it seemed like they were pretty spread out.

Congrats to the winners.

18 DQs seems like a lot. Was there a specific stage that had a lot of these?

It was a fun match and the weather was great!!! I wanted to thank the match staff for putting in all of the hard work to make it happen. Matches of this size don't happen without a ton of help from a bunch of people.

This was my first Area 3 match as a competitor and I had a blast! I got to shoot with a terrific bunch of people on Friday and then spent the next two days taking video and photos. The weather was a little chilly but I'll take that over the 80+ that was in the forecast.

Put this one on next years calendar, you won't regret it.

Paul...thanks again for your images & videos. You and your work are a real asset to the USPSA community.

This was my first Area 3 match as a competitor and I had a blast! I got to shoot with a terrific bunch of people on Friday and then spent the next two days taking video and photos. The weather was a little chilly but I'll take that over the 80+ that was in the forecast.

Put this one on next years calendar, you won't regret it.

So I woke up to this little gem. I enjoyed it so much, thought I'd let others enjoy it as well. Apparently being curious why the presumed A3 Limited Champion scores disappears (not moved to open, not dq, not zero'd, all 14 completed stages up and vanish) with no explanations makes me an idiot. I think we could all agree, that's not common, in fact I could venture to say that's extremely rare. Matt, maybe the 'not answering' wasn't entertaining, but your private message was, thank you.

So tell Sammy Davis Junior, what is so "Entertaining" about not posting an answer?
Please get off your keyboard and do something else with your life. Don't you think it is embarrassing enough for Blake without idiots like you making idiotic comments like you did.
This forum is not intended for people like you to use as your whipping post.

Anyone know who the High Junior was overall (Combined divisions)?

I won the case of Hornady 9mm bullets during the raffle. I don't shoot 9mm so I figured it would be better to donate them to the high overall junior instead. I gave the case of bullets to Sherwin while he was in the middle of wrangling the prize table walk through for the competitors and he didn't have an overall combined division results but said he would get the bullets to the lucky junior winner. He was super busy with doing the prize table walk through so I didn't want to cause any more trouble at the time. It would be cool to know which junior shooter won the bullets. Hopefully they can put them to good use.

I won the case of Hornady 9mm bullets during the raffle. I don't shoot 9mm so I figured it would be better to donate them to the high overall junior instead. I gave the case of bullets to Sherwin while he was in the middle of wrangling the prize table walk through for the competitors and he didn't have an overall combined division results but said he would get the bullets to the lucky junior winner. He was super busy with doing the prize table walk through so I didn't want to cause any more trouble at the time. It would be cool to know which junior shooter won the bullets. Hopefully they can put them to good use.

http://combinedresults.info/index.php/match/8899

That's incorrect. Nic Neel is a great shooter, but he's no longer a junior.

Top overall junior at A3 was Phillip Tappe, who managed to squeak in right before his upcoming 18th birthday!

(Very nice move of Cha-Lee to donate his raffle prize, by the way!)

Edited by Carmoney

That's incorrect. Nic Neel is a great shooter, but he's no longer a junior.

Top overall junior at A3 was Phillip Tappe, who managed to squeak in right before his upcoming 18th birthday!

(Very nice move of Cha-Lee to donate his raffle prize, by the way!)

That's what I thought, but figured someone who knew Nic would know for sure. Thanks!

Paul, we really appreciate your hard work putting different matches on your live feeds. At Area 3 it allowed me to follow my son and our friends as they shot the match as well as watching others. It also made me realize what a fantastic match this is and the hard work that goes on behind the scenes with the match staff.