2013 Area 3 Hornady Championship

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so the match is in one week away and we have a record attendance for area 3. We also have a record prize table.

If you were or are thinking of a last minute entrance, we still can get you in on all day Friday or the sat/sun. Pm squads.

I'm flying out there to shoot Production. How is the soil in the pistol pits? Can I get away without bringing cleats and not fall on my @ss? The less I have to bring the better.

Also, is Runza supplying food out there? :blush:

Edited by huskerlrrp

best i can tell you is that it usually is grass with some bare spots. depends on heat, rain etc....

LastYear the stages were dry. click on that to see some video of the bays. like any grass surface, if it rains, it might get a hair slick.

Had REALLY good weather for setup this weekend, talking about rain tomorrow.

Stages are all laid out, several just need fault lines, other need activators, etc worked out. Then all that is left is to give them a little personal touch.

Sherwyn

Its a clay soil with wood chips over it, when it is wet it is slick.

Please dont count on wood chips. prepare for a multi purpose surface. For myself, I am wearing my cleats.

Please dont count on wood chips. prepare for a multi purpose surface. For myself, I am wearing my cleats.

yeah I guess I kind of overstated that, the wood chips are several seasons old. My point was if we get rain its going to get slippery.

yeah I guess I kind of overstated that, the wood chips are several seasons old. My point was if we get rain its going to get slippery.

And it looks like rain!

Registration is on:

Thursday 4-7 PM

Friday All Day

Saturday 6:00 am to 12:30 PM

the range will close each day at 7:00. Do NOT attempt to be there after that time.

start times for Sat/Sun are 7:30 am.

Beer garden is on Friday/Sat 4:30-7:00 and Sunday 12:30-5:00

Scores posted on Sunday at 2:30 pm

Awards at 3:30 pm

Prize table right after.

As a reminder this is the largest Area 3 Match in USPSA history with a record breaking prize table.

You should not be in the column of "I Should have gone"

I will be posting some pictures of the stages as they are now sometime today. Just waiting for the sun....................:)

Edited by Matt P.

Has there been a schedule posted yet as far as start and stop times? I am a little curious if I am shooting Saturday/Sunday afternoon how the Awards will be at 3:30 on Sunday?

Has there been a schedule posted yet as far as start and stop times? I am a little curious if I am shooting Saturday/Sunday afternoon how the Awards will be at 3:30 on Sunday?

We have a squad matrix at the registration. Don't worry, we always make it.