Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Found some Federal small pistol primers today $$

CZ85Combat

I stopped by the local gun shop today, low and behold they had at least 20 boxes of each large, small & mag Rifle & pistol Federal primers. . I grabbed 2 boxes & went to the counter. clerk said $39.95 per box of 1000. Did I say OUCH!

it is the haz-mat fee that is doing the jacking.

I guess I can buy enough primers to make the fee and shipping close 5 dollars a K.

that is what, 8K? from what I see and read, you can't buy that many all at once.

so even a group buy is not easy.

For a box or two of a thousand, 40 dollars is cheaper than mail-order.

miranda

They were 34 a thousand before the bs at my local sportsmans wharehouse. 6 bucks more is NOT going to keep me from shooting the sport I love. That's a whopping .60cents more per hundred rounds. I usually take 300 rounds just in case I have to reshoot a stage etc. So you wouldn't shoot for an extra 1.80 per match? They could double and I'd still shoot.

Edited by ipscjoe

i think vendors are taking advantage of the bogus shortage.. and sticking everyone.. i bought 5 thousand from the shooting club i belong to for $130.00 .. i have 10,000 more on order for the same price..

whats the saying.. BUYER BEWARE ?

Powder valley was about $26/1000 for Winchester last time I ordered. But one of the LGSs nearby was selling the same primers for $39.95 last summer. Retail prices for small shops are always high. It will be nice when the insanity passes.

Went to a gun show yesteday. Primers were there. Low price was 50 a K on federal SPP, and the high was 59.95 for everything else. My favorite dealer that does not gouge people had VV N320 and Zero 147 JHP's!

What really sucks is I came across a sleeve of 5,000, Winchester large pistol primers that still had the price tag on it of $60. :surprise:

I only wish I'd have had the cash back then to buy a few million!

What really sucks is I came across a sleeve of 5,000, Winchester large pistol primers that still had the price tag on it of $60. :surprise:

I only wish I'd have had the cash back then to buy a few million!

Were the primers made from silver cups, and still in the orange and white boxes?

I am seeing them go for 65, 75, and even 100 bucks a brick in the Chicago area.

EDIT: went to a gunshow on Sunday where a dealer was selling primers, out-the-door including tax, $55 a brick. another dealer was there who had off brand primers for 30 something bucks. He sold out within the first hour of the show on Saturday.

Edited by Chills1994

remember the vendors that are taking advantage of the shortages... that way they will go belly up after the shortage subsides... then a good vendor will take their place...

I just paid $4.39/100 at the first gun shop I visited that actually had some in stock. I bought two packs and loaded them all in one evening. I'm up 200 rounds but back to being out of supplies. I hope this drought ends soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Just found some Wolf primers online at a place called the ammunition store. Price was $59.95 per thousand. Talk about OUCH! Oh, I didn't buy any so I'm sure they have plenty left. :roflol: