Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Thumb Rest / Gas Pedals

Leftylivesmatter

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PT recommended I drill the detent.

I didn't have easy access to a drill press to properly locate the detent so I tried it as is. The slide stop is of the reduced design to not engage the follower. Drilling it seemed to be a precaution. Perhaps for someone who applies a lot of thumb pressure on the rest it is more important. I primarily employ the rest as an index for consistent grip. After all I'm a lame ass shooter who will never get anywhere for even using a rest. ;)

I was playing with the PT unit ... I think I definitely need to have the detent drilled out ... Because it was going into slide lock with the thumb pressure I was doing ....

I needed to drill mine. I drilled it so deep I can't use it to lock the slide back. I need to take off my thumb safety to take the gun apart

When I was drilling the detent in the Nitro Fins.. only going 0.010 deep was more than adequate. If you noticed, I've obsoleted that feature due to many different chassis having that location in different locations. I have yet to get any negative feedback on leaving it out.. Being the pad is further back and below the pin, drilling the detent is just insurance for anyone with super long thumbs. Just sharing.. have a good day

Edited by cudaman

Hello everyone… It's nice to see people enjoy the Nitro Fin. Just found this topic and wanted to give some info on the restock. I am scheduled to run another batch of parts next week and hope to have them up on the site ASAP. The machine has been tied up or I would have had them earlier. I am a one man show but ready to handle anyone's single order. I got a pretty smooth shipping procedure (on the way to work) that will get them out fast. And yes if you call Shay he will put one on your custom build. Thanks for your patients and I'll post here as soon as parts are populated on www.shootingsportsinnovations.com

And a picture of the black prototype material Nitro Fin

Here is a photo of mine. It also is Proto Type but works very well. Love it.

I am also keen to see a pic with someone with big hands with the nitro fin and know what their thoughts are as the rest is likely to be at the joint of the support thumb. Could still work but wanting to know a range review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am also keen to see a pic with someone with big hands with the nitro fin and know what their thoughts are as the rest is likely to be at the joint of the support thumb. Could still work but wanting to know a range review.

Jimbullet I have large hands and have been running the nitro fin for over a year now. No issues with my thumb position. Some use a real forward grip and rest the backside of their palm on the fin and some slightly adjust. Depending on where your hand lies I am confident that you would come to appreciate the fins ability to control the recoil of the gun. After shooting it for awhile I really don't even think about it and my hand goes there naturally. Give it a try you won't be sorry! Let me know if any questions. Brian @ demmabt@yahoo.com. Good shooting!

Jimbullet I have large hands and have been running the nitro fin for over a year now. No issues with my thumb position. Some use a real forward grip and rest the backside of their palm on the fin and some slightly adjust. Depending on where your hand lies I am confident that you would come to appreciate the fins ability to control the recoil of the gun. After shooting it for awhile I really don't even think about it and my hand goes there naturally. Give it a try you won't be sorry! Let me know if any questions. Brian @ demmabt@yahoo.com. Good shooting!
Jim I tried uploading a pic but it's too large. Send me your phone number and I will text it too ya..

My concern is that I have a forward grip that works very well for me and I am just looking to enhance it which I think the nitro fin will be of help. Needless to say, I dont want to adjust my support hand towards the rear given my existing method is working for me.

What I am worried about is that it might make it uncomfortable if the fin is not situated at the pad of my thumb but rather closer to the rear at the first joint. I would be more comfortable if someone has used it with large hands with the fin near the first joint and could confirm that it did not result to any discomfort from when actually shooting the gun.

Ran 250+rds on the gun with the PT pedal ... Absolutely love it !!!

Now I can compare it to the GoGun Pedal in pluses and minus

GoGun vs PT
+ definitely solid ( its on there - Still iffy on durability

+ controls recoil good ( by thumb pressure) + controls recoil better ( by thumb pressure and tighter weak hand grip)

- looser / lazy grip + tighter grip

- drills holes in frame to utilize + leaves frame alone

-heavier than the PT unit + lighter than the GoGun

over all I'm sold on this PT Pedal !!! I'm converting everything ... Only now is I wished they made this in a Titanium !!!

I was playing with the PT unit ... I think I definitely need to have the detent drilled out ... Because it was going into slide lock with the thumb pressure I was doing ....

Could someone post a picture of one of these with the detent drilled out?

I'll post a pic tonight when I get home ... My detent has already been drill out by my gunsmith

Could someone post a picture of one of these with the detent drilled out?

here

post-33165-0-94093600-1409626702_thumb.jpost-33165-0-69056200-1409626730_thumb.j