Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Thumb Rest / Gas Pedals

Leftylivesmatter

The Akai part might work, seems like a good hand position, would like to see one in person. Still seems like it might magnify the gun-jump effect in Limited, same as others have commented on. By comparison - http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=180094

Years ago there was a thumb-shelf slide stop (for Open), every once in a while someone would snap one in half. For me the older design was way too far back, but people w/midget hands liked them.

Edited by eric nielsen

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Witness Hunter comes with holes in it from the factory, so I decided to give it a try and I like it!

IMG_20130817_175516_649-1_zpsd8e75857.jp

My weak hand index finger seems to naturally wrap around the front of the trigger guard and with the thumb rest that makes for a really sold grip.

Well, ran it for the first time in this month's match, at Magnolia R&P Club.

Perhaps some of it was mental. Call it projected expectations or whatever you will... but I LOVE this thing!!!

Holy Jumpin' Jehosaphat!!

Maybe because I've never shot with one before, but it seemed to make a huge difference to me. A positive definitive point of placement for my support thumb, rolling my wrist a tad more and putting a bit more pressure down seemed to really help.

Maybe it's making me just more aware of trying to grip mostly with my support hand.... I just know I like it!!

I also have one of the Akai Nitro Fin's.

So far I like, it also makes table starts a little easier.

Sorry for the crappy pic.

nitro_fin_II_004.JPG

Where can I get one? I like the idea that you don't have to drill holes in your frame. Edited by R1valdez

Shay Akai - acguns.com or email him at shay@acguns.com

Phone is 954-749-0095

Yep, I forgot about the table starts. We had one stage where the pistol was on top of barrel and ammo on separate barrel. When I first layed it down, unloaded, it went slide side down and I thought 'hmmmmm'. But it was actually better for me. Could slide my thumb up under, right where I normally place it, instead of lifting it up and then thumb down and around pistol to side.

Yep.........

If you order directly from Shay it is $125 shipped. He also takes paypal.

In fact, I ordered another one today to go on my new Limited gun being built by GH2, and plan on leaving the one I already have on my current gun that will be my back up gun.

Good product, IMHO.

I also showed it to George Huening, he thought it was well designed. And IMHO, that says a lot.

Shay Akai - acguns.com or email him at shay@acguns.com

Phone is 954-749-0095

Yep, I forgot about the table starts. We had one stage where the pistol was on top of barrel and ammo on separate barrel. When I first layed it down, unloaded, it went slide side down and I thought 'hmmmmm'. But it was actually better for me. Could slide my thumb up under, right where I normally place it, instead of lifting it up and then thumb down and around pistol to side.

Thanks! Just placed my order. ;)

Just received one for my SV. Had to do quite a bit of fitting as the slide wouldn't move. I slowly filed until the slide would move freely without dragging. All in all, this is a great product and it fits my hand really well. I was worried about the angle and the position of the thumb rest being a problem. But, it actually is in the perfect spot for me. I love it and it beats the hell put of drilling my frame. My buddy got one for his STI as well and it dropped in no prob.

Ordered my Nitro Fin due to this thread.. Thought it was pricey but the fact you could switch it from primary to back up sold me. In my hands 3 days after ordering and wow, it works great!!! Nice patch also!!!

post-16185-0-95519700-1381871808_thumb.j

My Witness Hunter comes with holes in it from the factory, so I decided to give it a try and I like it!

IMG_20130817_175516_649-1_zpsd8e75857.jp

My weak hand index finger seems to naturally wrap around the front of the trigger guard and with the thumb rest that makes for a really sold grip.

Nice looking gun. I like the adjustability of the DAA but the don't make them for a lefty.

• 3 weeks later...

I contacted Shay Akai and he said they were no longer selling them as parts. You can only get them if you order one on one of his builds. I was looking for a thumb rest for limited as well and I wasn't happy reading this message from him.

That is the new Phoenix Trinity stainless steel slides stop / thumbrest , precision machined and heat treated !! Give Brian a call or the lovely lady that works in the office either one can help you out

Awesome! Thanks for the info.