Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Thumb Rest / Gas Pedals

Leftylivesmatter

A bit of an old thread, but just in case someone hasn't seen them....

If you don't want to drill your frame but want to slap a *thumb rest [generic]* on her.....

Shay's got a new lil' gadget.... can't wait to try mine out this weekend!!

1379626_10152133177403243_1927166392_n.j

SHAYS? Is it integral to a special left side grip that *thumb rest [generic]*?

Can you post a link where it can be purchased please?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the link: http://www.shootingsportsinnovations.com/NITRO-FIN-2011-STI-SV-Slide-Lock-Thumb-Rest-NF17-4.htm

However i also wanted to find the old school style THUMB SLIDE GUARD without having to replace plunger tube style for my Strong hand thumb as well

Here is one on my old COLTOFFICER 1911

d93218dc3b7272552c373eeb69840112.jpg

Or i do like the idea of the SWENSON thumb slide guard integral to the thumbsafety.

I layer my thumbs on my GLOCK while competing but cannot use that same grip on my 1911 so i use a thumbs up outrigger style grip and i think the swenson thumb safety with slide guard is a great idea but it only comes in AMBI.

Does anyone know a LINK where i can buy the old style THUMB SLIDE GUARD or a thumb safety like this that is not AMBI?

Here is what im looking for if i cannot find the old style that i sold with my Officer, i think this is a great idea because under stress from a draw i have found i sometimes when shooting prone i touch my strong hand thumb to slide by accident.since it is integral to the thumb safety i wonder how it would affect modifications for steel challenge,USPSA and IDPA?

http://www.powerfactorshooting.com/Sweenson_Ambi_Safety_p/sweenson-ambi-safety.htm

Edited by Kimbertarget

Kimbertarget, this is what your looking for.

http://www.1911store.com/thumbguardbcg.aspx

I have one on my Edge.

nitro_fin_II_004.JPG

Sorry for the crappy pic.

Is there a little bit of space on the bottom side? It seems like the picture with the executive fits much cleaner.

The frame you see that has a gap is a newer frame with a relief cut for a slide stop.

It does look cleaner with the older frame.

Scott

Interesting, didn't notice the little gap on my Edge until you mentioned it, I actually had to get the gun out and look at it. lol

My Edge is about 2yrs old, however, I also bought the frame for my full custom build about a month or two prior to buying the Edge.

The "gap" is far less noticeable on my GH2 custom.

GH2_Limited_003.JPG

Just got a Nitro fin for my STI Edge.. I had to do a little fitting to make the slide go forward 100%.. I took a black marks-a-lot and

blackened the pin .. took out the spring ... and worked the slide forward to see where it was rubbing.. a small amount of filing on the

very top on the pin was all that was necessary.. I really like the Nitro fin..

• 4 weeks later...

Just got my Nitro Fin and it dropped right into my STI Edge with no fitting necessary. I shot it today for the first time and I love it! It's a noticeable improvment in recoil control and stability, IMO. I'm impressed! :bow:

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the idea of a thumbrest but my problem is that I have fairly large hands and my thumb rides very far forward on the dust cover. The simplicity of the slidestop as a rest is the best idea but it is to far to the rear for me.

Hmmm.... if you are talking about after last round fired situation, mine does not lock the slide back on last round. Don't think it's designed to do that. Therefore after my last round, the slide is pushing on the rear of the follower, holding the slide back and thus not allowing it to drop free.

Is this what you are talking about?

Hey Clean. Thanks for responding. No that is not correct. I noticed that the end that sticks out into the mag area did not stick out far enough to catch the SV follower. I just finished welding it up and refitting it. Works like a champ now. Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...