Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remington Managed-recoil Slugs

Zmego

Do any BE members have any experiences with these? Has anyone run these through their 3 gun shotgun, specifically a 930 JM? My local shop has a few boxes of these in stock but at 1200 FPS I am unsure if they will run in my JM.

No experience with the Mossberg but I used them in my 1100 and my Versamax and never had a problem with them. I would still be using them but couldn't find enough for this year so I bought 40 boxes of Win Lite Winchesters.

These are the only slugs I use and they worked in my son's SX2 and like Joey, my 1100 and Saiga. I was lucky and ordered 10 boxes just before they went out of stock at Brownells.

I have used many hundreds of them in 1100's,11-87's, and now for the last 4yrs. in my Benelli M2.Very accurate, easy on the shoulder, and until recently redily avaliable. Buy a couple of boxes and give them a try. Good luck.

The picture below shows 5 shots (offhand) at 50 yards using the Remington Managed Recoil slugs in a 930 that I installed a XS rear sight on just this morning. Standard size IPSC target, I'll take it. :D

dukduktarget_zpsc8ea4dc5.jpg

They are pretty good but about 8" high and right out of my 930 JM Pro. I switched to Federal Low Recoil 1oz 1300 fps rifled slugs. Dead on at 100 yards on a 8" plate and about 4" low at 50 yards.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone tried the "TRU-BALL" Federal Premium Vital-Shock Low Recoil Slugs? How do they compare to other slugs you've shot? I just got some fairly cheap, and they're first slugs I'll be shooting through my JM Pro, so I'm trying to get an idea of how they compare to other slugs out there without buying and shooting absolutely everything.... Damn slugs are expensive!

When I started the Remington Managed Recoil was all the low recoil slugs I could lay hands on and they shoot fine, if a little low and right, out of my 1100 CM. Interestingly, it does not seem to make any difference that I can tell in what choke tube I am launching them through. I recently bought a case, for only a little less than the ammoman link posted above. That is a good price for good slugs. I also recently bought a case of the B&P low recoil somebody here recommended and have only shot a few but they function fine in the 1100 and seem to shoot to the same POA as the Remington, and are a lot cheaper. I also bought a few Fiocchi low recoil slugs in both 7/8 oz & 1 oz to try and although they shoot fine they are a touch longer then the Remington and the B&P so will not become my first choice. I know buying a case of slugs is a major commitment for some but you just have to bite the bullet and lay stuff in if you are going to play the game. Ammo in the closet is money in the bank these days! and heck, with them on the shelf locally you can try 5-10 before springing for a case.

When I started the Remington Managed Recoil was all the low recoil slugs I could lay hands on and they shoot fine, if a little low and right, out of my 1100 CM. Interestingly, it does not seem to make any difference that I can tell in what choke tube I am launching them through. I recently bought a case, for only a little less than the ammoman link posted above. That is a good price for good slugs.

I see that Ammoman has lowered their price from $249 (what I paid several months ago) to $199 for 250 slugs.

Bill

Has anyone tried the "TRU-BALL" Federal Premium Vital-Shock Low Recoil Slugs? How do they compare to other slugs you've shot? I just got some fairly cheap, and they're first slugs I'll be shooting through my JM Pro, so I'm trying to get an idea of how they compare to other slugs out there without buying and shooting absolutely everything.... Damn slugs are expensive!

I really like the Truball slug in the Benelli. They worked well in my Versamax also. I did read a post about the Tru-ball leading up a gas gun.

The Remington Managed Recoil 1200fps 1oz works in my Versamax. I ran 15 through in this last week.

The 1200fps in my Benelli are right on the edge of reliability. A weak grip or a weird position sometimes causes a jam (depends on gun).

Edited by roxymajor